BSNL Broadband Plan Change Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter amith_mysore
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 131,746
Thanks for the info. BTW DQUF :has it shown the revised bill calculations for the transition fom 250 to 500? Select Home 250 and then home 500. A screen shot will be useful.

hi guys,
I hav requested to change the plan from home 250 to home 500.I have given the form on 11th of jan 08.when the change wud happen,and how wud i knw.also tell me how wud they charge me in this month bill.I have used abt 600mb out of 1gb for home plan 250,will they charge me for both,or how.reply me guyz...
In this scenario they will charge 500+tax for the entire month and you can use 2.5 GB ( 2.5GB - 600MB = 1960 MB + You can also enjoy 2.00am - 08.00am Unlimited download)
Example: I was using Home 500 plan and somebody hacked my modem through wireless (may be using wireless laptop) due to unsecured wireless network and used 5.5 GB (last September). End of the month (Sep 27th) I have changed the plan to 900+ and I have charged RS. 1,280/-.

Probably they will update their software in the month of april for "plan change" and "Security deposit refund" (when you change your plan from 900+ to Home 500 or some other plan, you have to request for 900 security deposit refund. else you would pay 900/- for Home 900+ and Rs 500/- for Home 500 Plan.

Prasath S
Microsoft.

@prasathkumar n this scenario they will charge 500+tax for the entire month and you can use 2.5 GB ( 2.5GB - 600MB = 1960 MB + You can also enjoy 2.00am - 08.00am Unlimited download)

Confirm Above. rest of your posting about Home 900 etc not applicable in his case.@sir_lon
He has changed from HOME250 to HOME 500. ( on Jan 14th)
Para Two: Work out the reverse case. On home 500 till Jan 13th day d/l 1GB ( NU free 55 GB) Change to Home 250 on 14th June . Will I pay only Rs 250 Plus taxes ? + usage from 14th Jan .+55GB charges ?
@sir_lon did you check in DQUF the charges ? any split calculation ?

No guys they havent put any split up charges in dquf.I have used up to 590 mb(in 250 plan)b4 y change of plan,they have added with the same usage .wat i think is that they wud charge me xtra 4 tat usage. For 13 days in 1gb limit ,its 440mb approx.so 590-440=150.I wud be asked to pay xtra 150 rs along with 1061 rs for this month.(561+rental deposit 500).For this month usage in hme 500 plan,i should be allowed 1486mb.(xcludin night plan)

@prasathkumar
Confirm Above. rest of your posting about Home 900 etc not applicable in his case.@sir_lon
He has changed from HOME250 to HOME 500. ( on Jan 14th)
Para Two: Work out the reverse case. On home 500 till Jan 13th day d/l 1GB ( NU free 55 GB) Change to Home 250 on 14th June . Will I pay only Rs 250 Plus taxes ? + usage from 14th Jan .+55GB charges ?
@sir_lon did you check in DQUF the charges ? any split calculation ?

that was an example (happened in my case) evan i have a proof for that. whatever the plan you have changed will affect the entire month (IN BSNL). if you want to confirm, wait till 10th Feb to receive bill..and we get information from sir_lon.....(if BSNL didn’t update their software).

Note: You won't be able to find it until you receive you next month bill also it won't show in the portal.

Another example: if sir_lon has used 2GB in Home 250 Plan and changed the plan to Home 500 on 27th of Jan, used another 400MB before 31st of jan, he would charge 500/- for Broadband Rent + Phone Rent + Tax + Phone call charges.....

I think it is pretty clear to understand…. :)

Prasath S
Microsoft.

I am a subscriber of Bsnl Home 250 plan from March 2008. I decided to change my plan to Home 500. I have submitted a letter to the officer at the exchange requesting this change in the middle of April 2008. Now it's been a week and I'm very anxious as I need this change done as soon as possible. Can anyone tell me when this will be done?

You cant change plan for 3 months...means you have to use it for three months then you can change plan. Its written on bsnl website...
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
(minimum hire period : 3 months)
The plan is changed mostly on 1st of every month.

Since you are going to pay more, see the officer again and ask procedure to pay additional security amount for tariff plan from Home 250 to Home 500.Get confirmation in writing. Usually from 1st of the month as mentioned by @visnbm

Back