BSNL Broadband Plan Change Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter amith_mysore
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 131,749
1.Post summary usage for this month Sept/1st to date under Home 250 Plan. (not needed )and only 2.what you downloaded 0000AM or /0200AM 01 Sept to 0800AM Sept/1st assuming it to be free usage.?(You have to pay for this if it exceeds your monthly usage 1 GB )3. If you got the August Bill what is the amount for BB usage for August 2008 ?4. Your usage on 31st Aug upto 2359 hours) will not be charged in August Bill. ( only 10 MB. )and may be waived/not charged. will be under Home 500 plan for 30 days .Your total chargeable usage is less than 2.5GB or 2660 MB ( for 31 days) home 500Combo.See last column CHARGEABLE is only 1.961 GB 5. Take Print out for the August Usage, and explain to A.O if you get a huge bill. Your fears are unfounded. BSNL has changed the plan one day earlier than 1/9/2008 is perfectly reasonable for tech reasons.Suing also costs Lawyer's fees, and you have to pay court fee stamp fee etc.

@njan (nee) :PDont worry at all.................. :)Even if they make the plan change on 29th or 31st, you dont have to worry... According to bsnl officers, it should happen only the beginning of a month (eventhough they have changed to new plan)...I got a bill because of the change in plan !!i was in 750UL and they changed my plan on 30th to 500C.. and the amount downloaded those 2 days was showing in 'other than NU'...But, when the bill came, i really shocked.. instead of 750+tax, they put 500+taxes.. and, charged my 57 GB (98% downloaded on UL plan)..Went to CRO.. and told him 'i clearly mentioned my plan to be changed from 1st of next month and how can it happen from 1st of last month.. gave application on 27th..'.. He said.. 'Plan change occurs only 1st of everymonth. even if it is changed on 25th, we cant charge the money. So, go to the account section and get this corrected'.. Went to account section with his letter, immediately they updated even on net with 936RS and warned me 'next month, you have to pay for excess usage' :D(replying because i had the same problem) !!Dont worry.. Meet the person (CRO or Account officer) personally !!

1.Post summary usage for this month Sept/1st to date under Home 250 Plan. (not needed )
what is the use of sept 1 usage since bill came as previous month's it is the bill of august 2008
and I checked every time whether plan changed or not so never downloaded on 1 sept (I should be out of mind if I download from 2-8 even see at portal that plan changed as earlie as 31-8-2008)
see in sept usage, I even start using net after 8 am

and only
2.what you downloaded 0000AM or /0200AM 01 Sept to 0800AM Sept/1st assuming it to be free usage.?

"see above image"

3. If you got the August Bill what is the amount for BB usage for August 2008 ?
bb usage is 130 gb (was in mb) and free showed as 1.19 gb net showed 4770 =130/30 and also charged rs 500 for plan change deposit and 8.33 which is 250/30
I will post scanned image of bill if u need

4. Your usage on 31st Aug upto 2359 hours) will not be charged in August Bill. ( only 10 MB. )and may be waived/not charged. will be under Home 500 plan for 30 days .

"only in dreams" as I understood from the bill

Your total chargeable usage is less than 2.5GB or 2660 MB ( for 31 days) home 500Combo.

"home combo free limit is 1.5 gb" see Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

yes I used 400 mb more but they didnt charged me that
already they may feel it is huge bill

5. Take Print out for the August Usage, and explain to A.O if you get a huge bill.

"A.O is reluctant to listen "

Your fears are unfounded. BSNL has changed the plan one day earlier than 1/9/2008 is perfectly reasonable for tech reasons.
"dont understand
I changed plan earlier exactly from 1st of month"

Suing also costs Lawyer's fees, and you have to pay court fee stamp fee etc

"I think no other option left for me
can u tell me how contact nib "
what ever the solution is It is sure I will lose lot of money
"bsnl is the vampire company formed only to suck blood of Indians"
:wall:

1.Which address in "Bharat Mera Mahan " you want to complain ?
2.\"dont understand
I changed plan earlier exactly from 1st of month\"
If you CHANGED EXACTLYthe plan tell AO he cannot bill you for August 2008 under Home 250 plan! ( You have print outs of usage for full month, listing you under Home 500combo and only one day under Home 250)Say you will complain to higher authorities.
3.Send email to CC.
4.Start creating written documents for producing in court.
5. Even after number of reminders BSNL does not reply/respond/disconnect your connection, you can file complaint in Consumer court for "deficiency of service'
and claim compensation for 1 lakh or whatever amount you fancy !
Best of Luck.
kb Kb Mb MB Gb GB etc http://www.egret.net/kb__mb.htm

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/kattappana/2008-09-28_2.jpg

You have to pay for 469MB Home 500 combo ( free limit 1.5 GB)

use public grievance .. they respond pretty good in this kind of situation ! see the number @ back/main page of the bill... I had sorted my bsnl postpaid bill issues thru public grievance.... :)You dont have a CRO (Customer Relation Officer) in your area?? I got my BB billing problem solved thru him !

people in south are helpful and bsnl in south is completely different from bsnl in north....@try to get hold of bsnl eng. who does this work

i want to opt for a plan change and want to know how much does it take ?

Usually from the first or 15th of following month or in rare cases within a day or two.Don't say "I have changed my plan .... from plan X to Plan Y' and start downloading heavily. You apply but BSNL changes !BSNL has to change the plan, and inform their NIB at Bangalore to reset the usage meter. Check in usage portal "My orders" for change of Tariff plan.

BSNL changes plan only on 1st of the month. I applied for change of plan on 12th of Sept 2008 and order status on 1st and 2nd Oct was OPEN on 3rd Oct the status was FUTURE DATED and on 4th Oct the status showed PROVISIONED.That's the cycle followed by BSNL.Only MTNL changes plan anytime during the month on pro-rata basis. :dance:

Back