BSNL Broadband Plan Change Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter amith_mysore
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 131,749
Both the bsnl officers at the exchange and the person who was at the other end of the toll free no. told me that the plan had been changed and that the bill wud be according to the 500C plan. In the portal, the order status is 500C open but I can see day and night usage separately. When I tried shaplus bandwidth tester, i could see downloads only according to my day usage. Someone plz tell me how I will be billed as I have downloaded a lot already and I have a lot more to download>

The plan status is showing 'provisioned' now :thumbsup:

i hav given a letter to BSNL office to change my broadband plan from 750 plus to 500C plus on 26th of june so that it will be affected from july but still now ie 6th july the plan havnt changed to me ,but it is showing "changed' in BSNL Office which is in Kothapet in Saroornagar,HYD. the persons in the office are making hell when we ask abt it.....

guys, i ve submitted an application on 3rd june to change the Broadband Plan from UL750 to Home 500,till 1 July my plan was still UL750 , i visited BSNL Exchange and talked to the internet officer, he assured me that my plan will be change within 2 days. On 4th July i called up , he told me that i have to wait another month because i took bb conenction in June 2008, i said Ok .... and continue downloading upto 1 GB... but yesterday night i log on to thier portal site and found my plan is change to HOME 500 but Status is OPEN. Today morning again my status is changed to FUTURE DATED.Can anyone tell me how much time i have to wait to change status to Provisioned....?

hey peter parker @ spider man :P as today is holiday, your status will be changed by tomorrow evening :thumbsup:

rare to find such helpful bsnl babu...:)

My friend don't try for it even in ur dream. I have requesting them in mid of agust bt even today I have not got it. BSNL officers are so much casual in thier attitude, u have to visit twice in a week. But no result:cry:

I am waiting for the change. Even I have got my connection after long six month. So it's not new to me. But I sometimes think how can they do it. :@

I applied for a plan change from home 500 combo to home 250 several weeks earlier than 1-9-2008 .and I stated in my application that I want plan change with effect from 1-9 -2008 and I know if plan change came effect any date other than 1-9-2008 .It will cost me lot of money because it will amount to- 2 plan breakup in one month which cost not only fixed deposit rs 500 but also proportionate bill to the earlier period in the remaining days will apply .But employee at the bsnl change the plan on 31-8-2008 instead of 1-9-2008 despite I repeatedly said him plan change came effect other than day first of month will amount in additional charges.He said he can only give an intimation to head office a plan change required in a particular connection and no effective, date which is determined by H.O people I know this is a lie because.my neighbor apply for plan change and the jto (earlier,he now transferred) sent intimation to so called H.O for processing and dataone portal showed plan change provisioned for the 1st of next month and it changed without any breakup cost.now there is no jto in bsnl and other staff who know nothing doing everything .If they have send intimation for plan change with specifically stating the effective date of change it will not amount in a huge bill,instead he said if sent on 31-8-2008 even without effective date of change (and he said he cant specify a date for change he can only send and "A.N" -some office jargon and pray to god it will change at correct date, H.O guys will do it when they have time and will) it may take effect if god hear my prayer exactly at 1-9-2008
and what happened ,H.O people change it at the moment itself right at 31-8-2008
since he never mentioned any effective date
see

it amount in huge bill because
since my plan breakup into two in one month like
from 1-8-2008 to 30-8-2008 -home 500 combo
from 31-8-2008 onward home 250 plan see below

it will cost me a lot of money because - proportionate bill for 1 day for home 250 taking average usage of home 500 plan which I downloaded 1.3 lakh mb's (see bottom image since I downloaded 130 gb under night unlimited) costing each mb rs .90 + 250/30 = 8.33 which is proportionate rental for one day plus tax 12%
god saved me since they didnt process it for 1-8-2008 for plan change may cost me lakhs of rupees bill
I talked to the person who is wielding the chair of jto currently since new jto didn't arrived after several weeks .about this big trouble I am in after half an hour listening me saying repeatedly "mb" he asked me at last with a bit of hesitation - "what is an mb" !!!!

I am planning to sue them

I asked for my letter for plan change they refused
there is right of information act and judiciary

and after of what kind of a billing is that
since they can only charge me for the usage under home 250 after 31-8-2008 10.30 am from which plan change came effect as marked below

and is there a way to contact NIB officers
:wall:

Back