BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,334
/members/mrbgupta/
Please check for month of Jan or feb .
Should show NU separately, and save agony and tension to so many.
i had home 250 as per bsnl portal & bill for the month of dec,jan & feb even though i applied for home 500(some official forward my plan details to bangalore as home 250 instead of home 500).after correcting the bill my plan is now 500(changed on 20th of this month,the same day i get my bill corrected).now for my old usage of dec,jan & feb it is showing NU separately.:)

PS--i have one doubt.can anyone confirm that NU is showing separately only for home 500 & above plans or is it showing NU separately for all users of all 2 mbps plans,even home 250 for older months & current month.

Thanks for the news...BSNL did a great thing with such a change..Previously there was confusion about data that is transferred when we logged in before 2am logged out after 2am,, similarly when we logged in before 8am and logged out after 8am..., now no confusion:thumbsup:We can now be aware of the free data remaining, with out any calculations..

thankz man....very useful post.....i m new 2 bb and had lots of confusion abt night usage because of bsnl's portal.........now am lot more relaxed

recording every 15min puts so much load on database.4entries in hr for 6hrs for 4-5lakh users, wud create 1crore entries in ONE night itself!!!even 10% is 10 lakh which is also quiet high and unnecessary!

@amish Percentage of "owls" say 10% ?Probably the usage is recorded locally and goes to Master Data base. Airtel does (not record the free usage (for me.) usage meter programmed not to record the free usage. Waiting for revised usage page. ( in Airtel)Also the printed bill listed only day usage.

first i didnt get most of lines u wrote.but since u get records in BSNL website that means all data, including 10 lakh entries, get recorded in their master database everyday!

recording every 15 min has one advantage.those users who logged on before 2AM & start downloading & disconnect after 8AM now instead of whole session being billed they will only have 2 sessions of 15 min each(including 2AM & 8AM) at risk of billing.

recording every 15 min has one advantage.those users who logged on before 2AM & start downloading & disconnect after 8AM now instead of whole session being billed they will only have 2 sessions of 15 min each(including 2AM & 8AM) at risk of billing.

thats what i understood by this 15 min splitting.

strange and foolish!!why not simply record usage at 2AM and 8AM?lets say session usage at 2AM is 30MBand user disconnects at say 3AM and session usage is 200MBthen charged use is what is recorded at 2AMand if user disconnects at say 9AMsession usage at 2AM is 30MB and 8AM is say 600MBand session usage at 9AM is 700MBthen actual usage is:usage@9-usage@8+usage@2=700-600+20=120MBso max 3 records are reqd!they have complicated things, first calculate usage every 15mins for each and every NU user and then put it in database every 15mins too. waste of CPU and diskspace.

Back