BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,332
why not simply record usage at 2AM and 8AM?
i think bsnl billing system records entries up to seconds so it will be difficult to record usage at 2:00:00 AM exactly.also no two users system clock will be same down to seconds so again if bsnl do record usage at exactly 2:00:00AM the users system clock will show different times & again some users will complain.i think this 15min entries are useful for such users whose system times are not even near to bsnl's time & also connection is not permanent & sometimes it reconnect within few milliseconds & thus no IP change which users won't notice but bsnl's billing system will.(i have seen session split in 2 or 3 entries for a single downloaded file from link-removed which obviously means same IP throughout).

The problem with recording so many entries is actually worse. More records = more data to download to calculate totals. For the account I'm using which has moderate usage (only around 300MB - across 1200 records :(), the record size itself is 1MB. So, to checking your usage might cost you a few megabytes! I'm on the 59.x IP series and this usage was charged. Not sure what it would be for users on 117.x. Can any 117.x user check if the data transferred while on this portal is recorded? I bet it is. :(

The good part is that there are now totals on top, which I assume is the total of upload + download = the figures we are interested in? Has this been recently added? If that is the case then we could only read that much from the site before terminating the connection - unfortunately the night usage is on the same page as the normal usage, making any sort of sectional reading impossible.

So even though totals are provided, software used to check usage would have to check until the point at which the night usage records start :(

BTW, I have only a single username / password for an account which has no NU. If anyone can send me some credentials for a normal NU account, that will help get DataFox out the door faster. I actually worked on this a couple of weeks ago, but the massive record size was irritating.

Thanks,
Brian.

hi friends,

i am so tired of this bsnl usage detail site. today is the first day of april month and i want to know the usage details of last month, but site is not running. BSNL - Broadband Account Management stops working 4-5 times daily. i don't know what they are doing.
:redface:
i also want to view my bill online. will anybody tel me when will march bill available online. i want to check it.
please tel me the date they generate bills, so i can view it online.
thankyou again.

i am already using that software, it also not working if site is not opening.i want to know the date when they generate bills, so i can see my bill online. i checked it today but its not available. i think they haven't generated it yet.does anybody know when they generate bills.!!!!!!!!!

usually on the first few days of the beginning of the month, the usage site is generally down. They generally display messages to the effect that maintenance activity is going on.

new portal really sucks due to server timeout. i have asked bsnl commercial officer in our area about this problem. they said that site is still under development.

Back