BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,332
my speed jumps to 280KBps but only for a second & then its back to 220KBps.how much you can download in 1 hour shows what is your average download speed.

Again the problem last 5 days

Bsnl counts the usage from your start of session.
Below is a screenshot to prove it.

I have 500c plan
That means I have a free period of 2Am to 8Am .
I had started at 1.51 AM .downloaded after 2 Am thankfully my net connection failed at 2.21AM. And I have to start again but they have counted it from my billed broadband usage that means I have to pay for it.
Even if I had started from 1.51, instead of counting only from 1.51 to 2.00 Am they have counted for the whole time.
I wonder had it continued till 8AM what would have been the bill?:confused:

@seychellesblue, welcome to broadbandforum.co

This is really a problem for new users to get used to this billing procedure, and
Its not your connection failure. BSNL will calculate the data usage every half an hour from the login time. So we should be alert not to start our free download any time before 2.00, Some times it will automatically restart counting datausage from 02.01, but u need to be lucky.

You can use DQUF posted at http://sunish.net/dataone . It might help you.

@seychellesblue, welcome to broadbandforum.co

This is really a problem for new users to get used to this billing procedure, and
Its not your connection failure. BSNL will calculate the data usage every half an hour from the login time. So we should be alert not to start our free download any time before 2.00, Some times it will automatically restart counting datausage from 02.01, but u need to be lucky.

You can use DQUF posted at Dataone Quick Usage Finder | sunish.net . It might help you.

dear bhargawa thanks

I have noticed that many times when I had continued after 8.00 aM, I had disconnected at 8.05. But still I was never charged. They generally put usage every 15 minutes.

here in the table given below, i forgot to disconnect before 8AM. i have over used the bandwidth. i called up cc and confirmed that i will be charged only for usage after 8AM. no problem in the bill also :happy:

Some times I get free usage upto 8.10 am. it depends on when i connected to internet. The day i connected to BSNl at 2.10 am, i got free usage until 8.08 am

Hi friends.,
I'm wriring this in frustration.
I am under H500C plan, and so my Day usage limit is 1536 MB.
I usually download during nights. I felt a bit uneasy waking up a nights and i starteed scheduling the downloads from the past two days.
I know BSNL's stupid method of reading data usage in the blocks of 30 minutes. so , to avoid unnecessary problem, i connected my connection, both days at 11.38pm , and scheduld my downloads to start from 2 am. so that in 5 30 minute blocks it would reach 2.08 am, and it would not be a problem.
I used ZoneAlarm expert feature to block all internet activity upto 2am.
But to my shock, The BSNL usage records show as in this screen shot. see the rounded times.on 23rd from 1.57.48 am to 2.27.4, i lost 390 MB from my day usage limit and on 24th from 1.59.15 to 2.29.15, i lost 199 MB from day usage limit and now i stand at total usage of 1813 MB.

I called the cust-care ate 18004241600 on 23 rd evening. and they told me, they cannot take such complaints and gave me another BSNL number in my city to contact . They inturn told me to contact Customer relations officer at my nearest exchange. They told me to take along the bill with me. But this is of April's usage.
Did any one face similar problem?
Do Customer relations officers help customers?

As of today i used data equivalent to Rs220 . Can they solve my problem before the bll is generated, so that i can have a neat(in-limits)bill.
I'll go to that officer today(25th) and will update the status here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and also thanx for ur interest in reading this lengthy(boring) post

Back