BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,332
i got u r point .........

First of all how will connect to internet ......... like Dialup though PPPoe or inserted in the modem .....

and please change the default passwords if not changed..........

are u using wifi ?

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/46980-bsnl-broadband-common-questions/

I have wireless modem and my system connects automatically when I switch it on. I have a wireless on/off switch in my system and I disable wireless when I am not using it or move away from my system. The modem is rented from BSNl and I did not turn it off from 15th till 25th. It was on all 24hrs.

After suspecting the modem to have caused the issue I turn off n on just to test it.

If you see the usage it show, you can see many days with night usage and continous usage of 12 hrs and 14 hrs which I did not even keep my system on so long.

I have wireless modem and my system connects automatically when I switch it on. I have a wireless on/off switch in my system and I disable wireless when I am not using it or move away from my system. The modem is rented from BSNl and I did not turn it off from 15th till 25th. It was on all 24hrs.

After suspecting the modem to have caused the issue I turn off n on just to test it.

If you see the usage it show, you can see many days with night usage and continous usage of 12 hrs and 14 hrs which I did not even keep my system on so long.

Hey i can't open the xls file please make a screen shot ...... of that 12 -14 hours usage

The modem on was one of the possibilities in this case. Some virus infection may activate only if you download something. If these two points do not exist, then it should be something that is not your fault. Talk to SDE and request him to check your Mac ID with the usage. If your usage is through your modem, it will have your Mac ID. Since you have the bandwidth meter, keep monitoring the usage. It will save you from further shocking facts. Whatever protection you use, there are certain people who can hack into your connection and use your account. Also check that possibility.

OK u mentioned a possibility of my account to get hacked. If it were to happen, what could be the range those guys located? I mean will they have to be with in my wireless range of 20 meters? or some one in remote location or other part of the city or region could use mine?Was there any previous report of any customer affected like me? Is there any post similar to mine? I did search but I dont find the right thread. May be if you guys had come across such issues in the past, plzz give the link let me try identify some possibilities.

The best chance for someone doing it is within your wireless range. But it can be done even without being around in 20 M range. Using other's connection is not difficult, many had similar issues in metros. But please note it is only a possibility.

it could be via wireless , or also using your bsnl account ( if not port binded ). so then the range could be from kashmir to kanyakumari :)

hi frenz...am using bsnl bb home 500 C plan...can anyone of u explain me on wat units usage is calculated n charged... hw to kno if my usage has exceeded 1.5GB.. I couldn confirm the usage n couldn use net in fear of usage to be exceeded :huh:

could any one explain this ....the encircled time???????????

how could time has been -1{negative one}
Or its a minor error ..........!!!!!!
once more usage time shown in -ve

Back