BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,332
hi guys,this is my first post on this forum..straight to the thing... i subscribed to dataone broadband during jan of this month only(chennai)...and within couple of weeks itself i was facing probs with link being down...but it got stabilised by 2 weeks goin by..but the fact is... i find that dataone has made a speed up in their usage tracking system !!! i can find my usage listings for loggong ins i made till 5 mins backs...i personally feel this is kewl..coz previously i was using tata indicom which used to update only at the end of the day and also no time info was provided!!!

Hi,I have a BSNL Dataone Home 500 Plan. This month the portal is showing usage for the downloads between 2 am to 8 am also.I have 2 doubts.1. Will I be charged for the sessions where I downloaded between 2 to 82. One day I downloaded between 5.30 am to 8.45 am. Will I be charged for the entire session also?These may be simple topics, but I am a newbie. Please help.Thanks In AdvanceCoolDude

1. you will not be charged for downloads between 2 - 8 am2. you will not be charged for the entire session .I'd suggest to use night unlimited from 2:15 - 7:45 am ! in case of any difficulty , contact the commercial officer at your exchange .

helo cooldude81,U don't need to get tensed for those type usage. I was using home 900 plan since dec,2005. Recently switched over to unlimited plan. Even i logged on during plan 500 usage at 1:30 am and logged out at 8:15-8:30 a.m. The only period should be chargeable "1:30am-1:59am" and "8:01am-8:30am. The rest is free.i can assure that. But if still u'r concerned about reality,feel free to contact the admin of DATAONE. I'm Providing u my self experience.

Hi everybody,

Right now I am under the UL scheme of Broadband Dataone services in Kolkata. The connection was taken during the BSNL trial period in the month of January. Now they have generated a bill (after 8 months of connection) amounting to Rs.37,400.00 (Thirty Seven Thousand Four Hundred). Please note the following
[*] As far as I remember in the offer document posted on BSNL's website about trial period it was mentioned
Do not pay us anything for the first two months

[*]The mandate form did not contain any such information or agreement
[/list]Now my questions are:
[*] Why was the bill not generated during the usage period and informed to the consumer ?

[*] Dataone service is new in India and after a dial-up experience a free offer is exciting. Should I compare BSNL with Drug Dealers shown in Hindi Movies. Free to Addict , expensive way to death ?

[*] Why was it not clearly mentioned about chargeability including the rate for same ?

[*]An average user may not realize that an ongoing virus activity can consume bandwidth although the user does not download data or view website. Why was it not guided by BSNL ?

[*]Why did BSNL not care to inform the user that he is consuming extra bandwidth or limit the same on server side ?

[*]BSNL uses a common password of xyz123 which I did not know and realized way later ? At that time the BSNL website did not have a single hint on the issue. This is very unprofessional and should be taken care off.

[*]Whom should I write to and should I sue BSNL directly or knock the consumer court ?
[/list]I need guidence from the Gurus in this forum and would like people facing the same problem put in a reply here.

Regards

Sougata
Kolkata - 129

P.S. - Whether I have to pay or not is a different issue but I am signing off from Dataone. Its better to have connection from professional people whose customer support is better. By the way BSNL's customer support is aweful in Kolkata.

^ sorry friend . it is clear that you were mistaken ."Do not pay us anything for the first two months"was just a advertising strategy .btw , you joined this site on 30 th Jan 2006 . youcould have enquired abt the details of the Dataonetrial plan on this site ...

Back