BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,332
dear u are mistaken... u should have read thier website. it was mentioned that for first two months the only the rent is free and which is only valid for home 250 plan with download limit of 400mb... if u use anything extra than that u will have to pay for that. so i think u ignored that ...

Hi,
I have a BSNL dataone connection. But for the past two days, I am unable to check my bandwidth usage. I navigate to the link Dataone WebMail and I am able to check my email. But when I click the "check your account usage" link the page refuse to load. Are any other BSNL users having the same problem ? :O:mad::O:madness:

Thanks

Same here. I freqently get server error page after clicking http://10.240.128.195 and http://10.240.43.216

The both URLs give Portal Server Error. This is not the end, you may find fictitious usages details after these kind of portal server errors. I think the database of the usages details gets corrupted after these server errors. If you are fortunate, you may find low consumption (Total Volume of data upload & download) of other's usages, otherwise you may see huge consumption in your usages details. So, using DataOne is one kind of gambling or lottery.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9006/error1sw7.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3572/error2hf7.jpg

I have charged Rs.7137/- for broadband April 2007. I am using HP 900 UL from January 2007 and requested plan change on 26-03-2007 to change my plan to HP 250 on 01-04-2007. But BSNL actually changed my plan on 07-04-2007. so I download upto 9 GB in the HP 900 Period (01/04 to 06/04) and 0.261 GB in the HP 250 period(06/04 to 30/04). But I have been considered in HP 250 for the entire month and they have taken the usage from Total Usage (GB) column, and they have charged Rs.7137/-. But I what i disputed was, they should take the usage from "Sum Traffic excluding Unlimited" which is 0.261 GB. But they said there's no unlimited for HP 250 so we wont care about that column. I have gone upto CGM, CHENNAI, still they refused to agree my dispute. I have planned to file in consumer court. Who is having mistake?

Welcome to Broadbandforum.inNow you try to get the usage data for April by using Dataone Quick Usage finder or DUF2.0. ( the data may be still available )Take a print out and explain your position. Of course you must have a letter or email from Bsnl intimating you change of plan to Home 250 wef from 7th April. IF BSNL has got a letter from you for change wef from 1st April, your contention that the change took place only on 7th April, has to be sustained.

Thx for ur reply. But I have already taken printouts from BSNL usage site and it clearly shows my plan change date is 07/04/07 and my usage is 0.261GB in Sum Traffic Excluding Unlimited Column.Divisional Engineer, Mylapore (Chennai) agreed my dispute and recommended my bill for correction, at the same time Deputy General Manager refused to accept. I going to appeal in Consumer court for contradictions in BSNL itself. What I am arguing is "if they take only new new plan for billing when user requests plan change in mid of month, it will lead to terrible loss to BSNL, because customer may enjoy Unlimited 2Mbps plan, so calculate usage exactly from the date of plan change and billing cycle alone is monthly, not usage cycle". Also I added, "for ANY plan u have to take the value from Sum Traffic Excluding Unlimited including the plans that require additional usage

1.A compromise will be, you pay for HP900UL for the month of April 2007.BSNL can claim, that you asked for change from 1st April. Because of Admn/technical difficulties the metering could not be effected on 1st April.2.BSNL may/can not charge (like Airtel) on prorata basis. It is either Home900Ul or Home250. for full month.3. Suppose you surrender your telephone say, on 10th april . Still they will charge Rental for full month. 4. Consumer Court can also comment on your action,that you were taking advantage to use the system to your benefit, when your INTENTION was clearly to use the service as applicable to Home 250. w.e.f from 1st April. ( in which unlimited download is not allowed).5. I "did not Know" that I should not have used UL facility after applying for change is not proper legal defense. 6. Assume the plan was changed on 20th april. You did not download between 7th and 20th april ( unlimited). Now can you claim you are entitled to download another 18GB, which is your usual download ? ( say 9 GB per week )Conclusion 1.Your INTENTION to Change to Home 250 wef from 1st april will be taken as final, and you may have to shell out the full amount.2. Think of the reverse action. Change from Home 250 to HP900UL. You could have started download (NU) immediately, without waiting for information from BSNL as actual date of change is immaterial in this case. Discuss with your Legal counsel. .

In November 2005 BSNL charged all HP 250 users on prorate basis. I hope you know the special offer introduced in Nov '05 for HP 250 users, that HP 250 users can also enjoy Night Unlimited. The offer introduced in the mid of the month. So for the first fortnight, it is regular HP 250 and for the remaining days it is HP 500. Also, with the bug in software, there is no such Sum Traffic column, so additional usage calculation is impossible in those days. I had got Rs.1500 excess in that month because A.O and CAO were unaware of that offer , and the bill corrected after 10 month because of my lawyer's notice. Of course my intention was HP 250 for that month, BSNL did not change my plan for a week so i hope that they wont change for the entire month, so i take it as HP 900 plan for that month. Also I downloaded 9 GB with 256k Kbps, whereas i have been charged with HP 250 @ 2 Mbps. Also, Other Conditions in BSNL Tariff rule states that, "No migration is allowed to a lower tariff plan till the expiry of the committed period". So I argue that they should consider HP 900 for the entire month ( as u told). I have filed the case. Let us wait and see the interesting judgement ...

Back