BSNL Broadband Usage History

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 170,332
@arijitmitterTry with password password. May bepassword changed by you has not been recorded in the usage portal. Why the big hurry to change password here ?

i think portal id is 14 characters long(everyone here has) with first 3 letters same as your connection name & rest digits.eg. if connection is in name of amit kumar then portal id should be something like ami12345678901.usually last digits relates to date of activation of connection.

Finaly got the portal id by calling the local exchange. But the link is not working today to test. Hope the link will be up soon.

Thanks for the help.

The site is ready. Many new subscribers are checking the usage without any hiccups from http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ . Maybe your portal id is not ready. They have to activate it (portal id). But since u got the connection by Oct itself, i wonder why the delay.

I am in Kerala, but i thought things are done much faster over in Chennai :)

I am not able to access the link http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ till now. Once in a while i get the page which ask for the portal id and password but after entering it i am getting the empty page. Is anyone is able to access this link.

I tried changing the settings related to cookies, Java etc on various browsers (IE 7, Firefox, Apple Safari), but same result in all the browser.

Let me know if any of you have details on this.

Thanks
Deva

I am a new subscriber to BSNL broadband 250 home plan from Dec 17, 2007. The call centre fellows didn't give me the correct portal id inspite of repeatedly calling them and telling me that the used id shown with the telephone no. was not mine. They spoke very firmly that it was correct. Yesterday, I called them up again and insisted that they check again. They again shot back. After repeated insistence, they checked and found that they were wrong. I was given my correct portal id which showed my user id and telephone no. correctly. When I checked usage for the billed period from 17 Dec 2007 to 31 Dec 2007, the site showed total consumption at 4 GB!!! and the bill at 3575 Rs. I am shocked. The upload shown is around 3.8 gb while download is around 0.26 gb. Could anyone tell me how there can be such huge upload even though I have barely used it. If I was told my portal id correctly at the first time, I could have checked usage, but now it seems to be too late.Anybody having suggestions or opinions?Raj

Check your usage for Jan 2008 for rechecking any misuse. Is it normal ?Change Password in Usage portal and in your modem. Always send email complaint/s and also on phone.Usually BSNL used to write off telephone excess billing if the average monthly usage is normal.When you get the printed bill for Dec 2007 take up the matter immediately in writing. with A.O (accts)If possible save the detailed usage page and keep a print out ready.Also save the History details from IE for dec 2007. ( if available still )

Finally the link http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ wored today and i was able to access and check the usage details. I have few questions.

1. I have changed the 'Portal Password' using the resective link. What is 'BB Password'? Is it the one registed in modem and will it require a manual change in modem if changed?

2. My current billed usage has two entries like below (all other lines are having amount zero).

Sl No Start Time Stop Time Upload (KB) Download(KB) Total(KB) Amount(In Paise)
23 2008-01-01 08:00:58 2008-01-01 08:15:58 113104 81042 194146 15166
24 2008-01-01 08:15:58 2008-01-01 08:24:38 51734 40274 92008 7188

Is this amount (Rs.151.66, Rs.71.88) is over and above the 2 GB limit for the home 500 Plan?
Is 'KB' ==> 'kb' or 'kB'

3. Is there is anyway to check which plan i am in (I assume i am in Home 500 as per the application given initially).

Thanks
Deva

@rdevakumar 1. What was the big hurry ? ( old users have to change in modem also. May not be applicable to you. If required you won't get connected !!!!! 2 If you had surfed between jan3rd today check dailyin the evenings. 3. When you got the bill for oct nov and dec , , you had any problem ?In the left hand side look under Call details. to check your plan. cmr cr Db Gross Freexxx 0 0 xxx xxx ( phone calls )Startup 250 P1 charges from 01/11/2007 to 30/11/2007 60.00 ( modem rent) gu 1025 FU 1024 nu 1 for nov 2007 1.00

I am not getting my telephone bills as there is a problem in the address. I used to see the bill summary online and pay online. The online version of bill doesn't have all the details. Last two month bills are without any additional usage. But i am not able to interpret the details shown in the usage page and also not sure why only 1/Jan/2008 is shown when i select the 'show unbilled' option.

I have changed the 'Portal Password' using the resective link. What is 'BB Password'? Is it the one registed in modem and will it require a manual change in modem if changed?

Portal password you have understood.. broadband password is the password you need when you connect to the internet. If you are using a pppoe (no need to dial to connect), then that password in there in your modem too and if you change the same, you will have to change the same in the modem too, but if you are on a dial-up (bridged) mode, you just to type in your new password where you used to type your old password.. this is all assuming that you DO change your modem password from the portal. hope this helps :)

Back