BSNL EVDO Broadband -REV-A (3.1 mbps) in chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter Vaithy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 33,881
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear allI have got one EVDO card for my laptop on 2nd of march and using it, on first day of usage the speed was max 1065 kbps and now I am getting 400~650 kbps in the same area, I am staying in Irungattukottai, Sriperumbudur area.Can any body help me for the speed of the EVDO ?

Vaithy, Hi live in perambur nearer to perambur telephone exchange i would like to know the evdo speed in my area recently i spoke to my exchange AE and asked about evdo he said its not good and he asked me to go for 3g data card so is evod better in my place or 3g. Since 3g is costly i prefer evdo so guide me regarding this

@djsubhan..
pl dont purchase evdo in Guduvancherry as the BTS are situated more than 5 k.m range.. MM BTS is 8 k.m away and the another BTS in vandalur is 5 k.m more or less latest news indicate that vandalur facility upgraded to EVDO but unless the test is completed you may not get more than 3oo kpbs.. I am residing in the same area..
@ JaganS and others, they have to understand, that in metro where high rise buildings are blocking the signals the '5 k.m rule' does not apply, in reallity the user in the suburban open area who got connectiion and residing more than 5 k.m can get more speed than the user who is residing in the congested high rise builings area who also has the connectiion in nearest 2 k.m range of BTS may get less speed..
So before going for the wireless route you may under stand the different between the wireline BB and wireless BB
In wireline DATA received is like water received through Tap pipe, where as in wireless DATA received is like water received from spraying fountain.. even the same amount of water transported through the two methods are same both of them get different amount as well as different type of pressure..
It was the reason not only BSNL but also Reliance or TATA could not guranteed the speed whether it is EVDO or 3 G GSM this is the truth to be told..
I have tested 3 G and EVDO and from my point EVDO is like poor man 3G..
many user here discussed this topic more exclusively in various posts and in various forum.. they are technically more talented people than me, so you have to watch their post rather than from me.. I can post only what I understand, and I have no illusion of EVDO..

For Vijay.. please post your persoanl quary as PM instead of posting somewhere there..
are you near Valasarqavakkam.. from the list I have Valasaravakkam doe'nt have EVDO/ but as a proposed area, meaning works are undergoing there..

As I have to urgent works regarding my daughter's marriage I am having little time near computer,even I took leave from my officemostly now without internet, till this month end
sorry folks. but whenever I have time I'll come here
with regards
vaithy

Hi,
i am in sholinganallur area. I need to know whether signal for EVDO will be available. I have asked at BSNL shopee and exchange in perungudi, they said they doesnt know about the coverage. In shopee they said the tower is available at karrapakam and cemmajarri. i am in between. Please help me regarding this issue.

Hi, recently (09-05-2010) I bought one BSNL EVDO datacard , Micromax 300C model. But that modem is not supporting my Mac OSX. BSNL also supplying ZTE model modems also, I guess that modem will have Mac OS driver ,... I wish to exchange my modem with ZTE modems, so anybody wish to exchange modems , ples contact my mob: 09962275439

can i purchase this rev-a card in chennai and use the same in tirunelveli (as i have to visit there.) kindly explain about roaming charges.

Dear all

I have got one EVDO card for my laptop on 2nd of march and using it, on first day of usage the speed was max 1065 kbps and now I am getting 400~650 kbps in the same area, I am staying in Irungattukottai, Sriperumbudur area.

Can any body help me for the speed of the EVDO ?

I get the same speeds too....guess we are stuck with it.. :(...unless BSNL can do something about it....:cool2: But downloads from link-removed are super fast.......i download upto 60GB monthly from link-removed :whistle:

Is this thread still active ?I want to know the speeds you get on EVDO near Kodambakkam/West Mambalam border area. I coverage map shows my home comes under Kodambakkam ? Any info ?

I talked to the technical people of my exchange and they said at the most I will get 700 kbps (That too only if I am lucky!). Most of the time it will be much less, it seems. Well there ends my EVDO journey !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back