BSNL EVDO speed is pretty decent in the morning

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 35,194
Status
Not open for further replies.
i too use evdo am at lucknow and gives me decent speed in day(1mbps) and morn (2.3mbps) and i am at autodeduct which reduces my balance rs750 every month and i just topup my modem by700 it means 700 + 10% extra as an offer i took the cdma sim spcefically for evdo and got it activated then and there the auto dedction

KrePer^^ said:
i too use evdo am at lucknow and gives me decent speed in day(1mbps) and morn (2.3mbps) and i am at autodeduct which reduces my balance rs750 every month and i just topup my modem by700 it means 700 + 10% extra as an offer i took the cdma sim spcefically for evdo and got it activated then and there the auto dedction
Thank you..Morning 2.3mbps time? Like from when to when?
harishanand said:
Guys, I'm from Chennai. I bought bsnl evdo prepaid card last saturday (28/12/2013) from Chennai Chromepet BSNL office.I was charged Rs.1850 (1499 for the modem and 350 for the sim). I was given Haier CE782 modem. I recharged it with Rs.825 in the BSNL office itself.It never worked. When I tried to check the account balance I found out that there was no dial option for this modem. I can only send sms but could not dial a number.I enquired the agent from BSNL office about the problems. He said that it is the only modem that works with BSNL EVDO connections and I can not dial numbers using EVDO card with any modem.Is this information true?. I feel like I am being cheated. Guys please help.
@harishanand bro,I tried to PM you but it says you are not eligible yet to use it so here is my msg,Kindly text me/whatsapp me on my number bro..I need your help about the haeir modem and speeds..if its okay,i want to buy one asap..i'll check chrompet bsnl office..My mts zte unlocked modem (bought 2 weeks back) fell many times and am wondering if thats why my speeds are not stable and fluctuating heavily..rarely goes to 1600kbp-1900kbps but falls back to 900 easily..1000 is stable at times if i keep the modem/cable unshaken...so just want your confirmation..

@cmsivasubramanian,which unlocked modem did you get from eBay? I am also going to get a evdo connection. Should I get the modem from bsnl or from eBay? The bsnl guy says that the price of modem is from 1.6k to 1.8k according to the modem type.

cmsivasubramanian said:
@harishanand bro,I tried to PM you but it says you are not eligible yet to use it so here is my msg,Kindly text me/whatsapp me on my number 9445454566 bro..I need your help about the haeir modem and speeds..if its okay,i want to buy one asap..i'll check chrompet bsnl office..My mts zte unlocked modem (bought 2 weeks back) fell many times and am wondering if thats why my speeds are not stable and fluctuating heavily..rarely goes to 1600kbp-1900kbps but falls back to 900 easily..1000 is stable at times if i keep the modem/cable unshaken...so just want your confirmation..
@cmsivasubramanian
The modem is working at last. The speed hit 1.3 mbps (speedtest) at around 11 AM in my area. I did not yet use it long enough to test its stability though.
Also, the modem gets hot within minutes of use. I don't know if this is normal.
I could not find much information about the modem on the web. It might be difficult to get solutions in case of glitches. I am yet to try it with my Linux PC.
I found it being sold cheaper @ shopclues. You can find pictures and other technical details about the modem there. Hope this helps.
I want to know how to top up evdo prepaid account the right way using online?. The BSNL person warned me that online payments may not go well.

@cmsivasubramanianThe modem is working at last. The speed hit 1.3 mbps (speedtest) at around 11 AM in my area. I did not yet use it long enough to test its stability though.Also, the modem gets hot within minutes of use. I don't know if this is normal. I could not find much information about the modem on the web. It might be difficult to get solutions in case of glitches. I am yet to try it with my Linux PC.I found it being sold cheaper @ shopclues. You can find pictures and other technical details about the modem there. Hope this helps.I want to know how to top up evdo prepaid account the right way using online?. The BSNL person warned me that online payments may not go well.
Use Paytm.comAbout denominations for recharge use the gen next portal.There would be an option to query your status.wherein all topup's and STV's for your number are specified.Use the top up function for balance top ups and STV for special voucher recharges.About using your device on linux,i guess its a cumbersome process,google around,i havent tried it yet.Also i would be glad to hear more details on speed and stability and fluctuations at different points of time ie morning,afternoon,night and late night ..usually speed goes very high in the morning.About the modem on shopclues,i did check it yesterday itself ,there"s a rev 0(upto 2.4mbps) modem for 850 and rev A(3.1mbps) for 1299..I would make a decision once i hear about stable speeds.My dongle does get mildly heated after some 20-30mins but I was said it is normal and would reduce once you keep the modem stationery without moving it around..Shaking it/causing signals to fluctuate will make it run harder and end up in heating..I thank you for your immediate reply :)Also you hit 1.3mbps on using an extention usb cable or by directly plugging the modem?Since i get terrible speeds if directly used without a cable.
blueman24 said:
@cmsivasubramanian,which unlocked modem did you get from eBay? I am also going to get a evdo connection. Should I get the modem from bsnl or from eBay? The bsnl guy says that the price of modem is from 1.6k to 1.8k according to the modem type.
I got a ZTE AC 2766 unlocked and guaranteed to work with bsnl modem..ie the seller already guarenteed it would work.It is currently sold out on ebay,however i wouldnt recommend it since it developed cracks with a single fall and also doesnt have good stable speeds maybe because it has a rotatable usb port(ie you can move it 270○).I'm looking to buy another modem though,just confused now since speeds are okay for me but it fluctuates sometimes automatically,sometimes if the dongle is even slightly shook or times if the usb extention cable is slightly moved around.

Hmm.. That unstable speeds may be a problem with your USB ports. Anyways, keep us updated on which modem you are thinking to buy. I am hunting for something that has guaranteed compatibility with Windows 8.1.

Hmm.. That unstable speeds may be a problem with your USB ports. Anyways, keep us updated on which modem you are thinking to buy. I am hunting for something that has guaranteed compatibility with Windows 8.1.
I've used aircel for a year with my old android device @7.2mbps..(there was a hack which aircel solved lately which only few devices were capable of) switching between 2g and 3g like 3 times continously without disconnecting to uncap speed throtling imposed temporarily....I used to get stable 4-5mbps (my android device was very old and uncapable of handling higher.So my usb ports shouldnt be a problem..Anyways i ll try cleaning it once..
@harishanand..shopclues says sold out :O just yesterday it was saying "in stock" :(

HI all if you buy modem from BSNL you dont have to pay Rs.350 for activation and if You bring your datacard you have to pay Rs 350 for SUK(start up kit) so choice is urs

blueman24 said:
blueman, you can take a demo device from bsnl office by paying rs 1200/- and test the speed at ur home, if speed is not ok then u can return it and get ur money back, if it is fine then u shuld buy from bsnl office only, because u'll get rs 399 balance in it and if u opt dongle from market then u'll have to pay rs 350 for activation also, so total loss of rs 749/-, and activate general plan with ur connection, in this plan u'll have freedom of recharging it, don't activate unlimited or any other plan in prepaid because u'll be bound to recharge every month in those plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back