BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobz6 said:
Hello guysI never knew such a Service existed in BSNL.After all my desperate attempts to get wired internet in chennai(medavakkam) were in vain,I opted for Reliance netconnect+.Was pretty costly,1450PM for 15 gb.Ima guy who downloads abt a 100gb a month was never satisfied by their services,but had no option until I saw this thread.Found out that I was pretty close to the tower and I took the risk of buying the modem cuz BSNL was the worst service provider in my opinion with zero customer care.True that!I went to the exchange in medavakkam,People there had no idea and asked whats EVDO!They asked me to contact a Customer service center.I went to Adyar BSNL CSC which is the HQ of chennai BSNL.The officer there said no EVDO here and asked me to go upto Guindy CSC to get one.After running from post to pole,Went there and enquired,the officer there was sure no UNLIMITED plan exists.After a tough argument and proving him wrong I finally got the modem(prithvi UE100 rev.a) paying 959 and registering for prepaid EVDO connection.Came home and plugged in the modem.Sure it was the deciding point of my entire struggle.I had 3-4 bars of signal, but it always returned the error "Username and password not authorized".Ok.Customer care now?Literally none.Called 044 29000123 and finally a lady answered after 5 attempts.UID was last 8 digits of RUIM [email protected],Pass last 8 digits of RUIM number.RechargeSince it was prepaid still could not connect due to insufficient balance.After some trial and error recharge worked on Paytm by selecting BSNL mobile recharge,talktime 825.Finally connected to the internet.The speeds are inconsistent but usually above 512 kbps tp 2 mbps.Pretty Decent for the buck paid.A week of usage by plugged into my TP-Link MR3020,and about 5 devices connected on WiFi,the experience so far is so good.Enjoying an Unlimted connection after a Long time. :peaceful:Without this forum,I would have never known this service existed and would have sadly continued on 15GBPM and 144kbps afterward. Thanks to you guys at the forum, you really are the customer support of bsnl.Bsnl owes you guys :pleasantry:
Very well explained how to activate it..:-) :-)

I decided to use the TL-WR740N as signal booster accross my apartment and will buy a TL-MR3220. And I can't get to the BSNL site! Its down for days!

I have a question. How to make sure that we are in unlimited plan? I have 900 rs money in my account, but still it says that "so and so amount deducted" after I browse each time.

Thanks guys!!
I bought prithvi rev a modem and prepaid sim from Guindy BSNL CSC. Got registered in gennext cdma portal, I am in unlimited plan and have Rs 399/- in my account.
Now, the real challenge, how to recharge my account to make the balance exceed 750/-, I have tried Paytm, it didnt work. Without recharging no internet, is there a way??

@raveendar You need to recharge for the exact amount else you'll get a failed transaction.Go to Paytm,Select Bsnl mobile(NOT DATACARD!) and type your number,Select circle and recharge for 550 rupees(Exactly) and youll see the transaction success message and youll be able to connect.If not try Freecharge.in,same procedure,It works flawlessly..I dont know about the caluclations,but i asked the csc number and they told me so for the first month....nothing else worked.Next month I called again after expiry,and they advised me to recharge for 570...and I have no idea about their calculations but this is what keeps my internet running,next month i was told to recharge for 800...I'm paying much less than 825!Call 044 29000123 on how much to recharge,a lady picks up sometimes,tell her your cdma number you'll get that magic number for which only recharge is possible :P

GUYS
Any details about coverage map in chennai ?

regards
ram

update!!
Did a top up in Paytm instead of special recharge, the payment has gone through, but for 500 only 442 got credited to the account!!
Any explanations?

Check the cdma portal site. ..details re clearly giveb there ..top recharge voucher denominations and the actual credited bal.
650top up gives the most talktime ..633rs
Check the cdma portal site. ..details re clearly giveb there ..top recharge voucher denominations and the actual credited bal.
650top up gives the most talktime ..633rs

Raveendar said:
yup...realised after recharging, should have checked before recharging.
Until Jan 31st bsnl was offering 100% full talktime upto 500bucks and 110% between 500-2000 and 120% from 2k to 7k.
Now I get 103 for 120.
Paytm seems to have some problems recently for me (reported the issue to customer care, they could offer no help, no idea if it's fixed, been a month almost, freecharge.in impressed me).
OK, now, what kind of speeds do you get bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back