BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
InternetAddict007 said:
OK, now, what kind of speeds do you get bro?
Plan to write a detailed review later, coming to the speeds I got 0.46Mbps at 7.30 pm, when I checked today morning at 8.00 am I got more than 1Mbps. I live atleast 2.6 km aerially from the tower but no big obstructions in between. I get 3 bars consistently and 4 bars if i place the modem strategically. Only problem, somtimes the connection goes to 1x automatically i.e im not getting any EVDO signal, dont know what the problem is...

Cant you set it on evdo only mode?

^do you use an extension cable bro. As far as my experience goes a small direction change on the modem makes a difference on speed. I turn it around, I get 700kbps, I turn it 180 degree n I get 1800.
At one spot I finally found, I get 1.5-2.8 mbps for most of the time..Atleast half d time. 750~mb per hour is what I'm looking at.
Other times I get between 700-1200kbps.
Havent thought of getting a router yet.
My CA inter exams r coming up in may, no idea until then.
I'm moving to a rented house temporarily for a year until building our own house in a vacant land by d main road.
Fingers crossed, hoping to get Atleast decent evdo coverage there :blink:
About tower, as per bsnl s website my tower is 2.8kms away, however I believe the site isn't updated yet or maybe the faraway tower is really effective. I get 3 bars mostly n 4 bars occasionally.

No, I don't use any extension cable.
So far, I havent had more than 10 mins of EVDO connection, the signal from 3-4 bars goes to blank after using it for barely 5 mins. some times it goes to '1x' or sometimes it says 'no connection' or the connection disconnects.
I think what I got is a faulty modem. Plan to check whether the drop in connection happens at different locations.
Did anybody face this problem?

hey guys,i live near medavakkam.and i want to buy EVDO coz i m a heavy download user.i want to know where i can get the evdo demo .Also want to know,if any bsnl employees will try to make me lose my interest in EVDO and if so,how to make them accept and buy an evdo.
Looking forward for some answers,Guys

Router FOR SALE! I am selling my TP-Link TL-MR3220 at Rs. 1300. New, Untouched and Unused, In Perfect Condition. Check below for details.
Expected Price: Rs.1200-1300
Company official Indian warranty valid/Remaining : Yes, 2 Years, 11 Months
Warranty period: 3 Years Total Warranty
Reason for Sale: Have another router for the new net connections. This one is overkill.
Purchase Invoice Available: Yes
Product Condition: Perfect. Untouched, and Unused, Never powered on.
Accessories Included: The box and official accessories.
Product Location: Parnashree

I am having a new EVDO connection for the past 15 days. The speed is varying from 300 Kbps to 1.1 Mbps. I am facing problem with the Prithvi UE100 EVDO card.
While starting , getting message Device is not detected. Only after removing and reconnecting one or two times the datacard gets connected.
Also with data card in USB port the computor takes long time to boot.
Is there anyway to clean up and rectify the EVDO card problem. Request for suggestion from members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back