• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
vin said:
Known devil is better.
How is micromax 300c performance? Is it easy to install for people with minimum knowledge on devices,software Etc.?
Is it adoptable to EVDO rev.A standards?
If you recommend will wait for a new one at Ebay.
micromax is as good as any new CDMA modems , but works better than the modems which BSNL offers
capitel or prithivi
its easy to use , pretty easy than the capitel modem in setting the profile and the UI is simple
u wont get any new one on ebay for sure !
InternetAddict007 said:
I've been hunting for a Micromax 300c for so many months..
Nowhere could I find one. Nowhere in the Web. There were a few Listings in Ebay but over priced, and when I contacted the seller he told me it was not in Stock and to prevent people from ordering it, he priced it 10X times.
Then I settled for an unlocked mts ac 2766.. Then got a prithvi ue 100 also.
CDMA is almost dead now , getting a modem is difficult to impossible
i have two modems , even though i use only one , i hold the other one for standby for future use
BSNL could pull the plug anytime on EVDO , there isnt any connection at par with BSNL EVDO , so still sticking to it

^ totally agreed.
I don't expect bsnl to shutdown evdo totally if not upgrade over to Rev B.
Hopefully not.. Considering it's a government entity and didn't run on profit motive.
Just incase you aren't aware, Mtnl 3g is truly unlimited at 1600rs a month and can be used on BSNL roaming, if your tower supports upto 7.2mbps you'll get the same speed.
Now mtnl has a promo offer running @999 true unlimited for 3 months.
I would look for it once my exams get over and try to get a Sim from my relatives in Mumbai.

InternetAddict007 said:
^ totally agreed.
I don't expect bsnl to shutdown evdo totally if not upgrade over to Rev B.
Hopefully not.. Considering it's a government entity and didn't run on profit motive.
Just incase you aren't aware, Mtnl 3g is truly unlimited at 1600rs a month and can be used on BSNL roaming, if your tower supports upto 7.2mbps you'll get the same speed.
Now mtnl has a promo offer running @999 true unlimited for 3 months.
I would look for it once my exams get over and try to get a Sim from my relatives in Mumbai.
i knew about the MTNL UL connection , its just that i didnt have the need since EVDO does everything i need
when need arises , then i might look for the possibilities of getting a SIM from MTNL

BSNL have increased the free usage limits of limited usage STVs w.e.f 1/04/2014.1.5 GB for Rs.170/=,2.5 GB for Rs.285/= & 6GB for Rs.565/= all with 30 days validity.
For moderate users 6GB STV will be economical and if paid thro portal the cost will be around Rs. 500/=only..

my house is some 3.5 kms from medavakkam.i tested (my friend's) BSNL EVDO in my house.Aithough it constantly shows 3 or 4 bars or sometimes 5 bars,i didnt get that much speed.my download speed was only 40 kbps at that time.dont know wat the problem is and coz of that, i m hesitant to buy a new connection.i will be releived if u guys tell some suggestions.

@mediafire,I am not having disconnection issue.Also,i am able to get 3 or 4 or 5 bars(at some areas) ,since my house is on 3rd floor.but i didnt get the expected speed.dont know why.thinking may be coz og large no of users in that area.):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back