BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
MediaFire said:
micromax is as good as any new CDMA modems , but works better than the modems which BSNL offers
capitel or prithivi
its easy to use , pretty easy than the capitel modem in setting the profile and the UI is simple
u wont get any new one on ebay for sure !

CDMA is almost dead now , getting a modem is difficult to impossible
i have two modems , even though i use only one , i hold the other one for standby for future use
BSNL could pull the plug anytime on EVDO , there isnt any connection at par with BSNL EVDO , so still sticking to it
Hi All, Pl help me on this.
Currently I have a BSNL EVDO enabled SIM & a ZTE unlocked data card( ZTE AC2766)
Due to low signal issues, I searched & found a Huawei modem (EC315) which have a CRC9 ext, antenna port. It is a factory unlocked one bought directly from china.
But now my issue is, it is not connecting with BSNL. It is showing signal, but when connecting, 'unable to connect, contact your service provider' msg comes.
It is working fine with MTS & Docomo EVDO.
And I found that All Huawei Modems have connectivity issue with Bsnl.
Any body facing same issue or any body using Huawei modem with Bsnl?

none as far as i know have used Huawei CDMA modem for bsnl evdo connection
bad luck dude !

@internetaddict007, My Huawei EC315 is not unlocked one from MTS or Tata. It is a factory unlocked one. Ie never locked to any network & unlocked after that.Reg antenna port on ZTE ac 2766 or 2736, it is only a dummy port (on which is available in india, as unlocked form MTS or Reliance). you can't connect any antenna there.I tried my ec315 with antenna on MTS network. The improvement is very huge. More than double the speed.I searched a lot for a ZTE modem with ext. antenna. But never find one.Pl let us try to find, It is the problem with BSNL or Huawei...

^ The problem is in the modern regarding prl settings and other config for bsnl evdo.. You must have Googled a bit before making the purchase.
Whether factory unlocked or not, Huawei + bsnl have never gone well together.

Puzha said:
@internetaddict007, My Huawei EC315 is not unlocked one from MTS or Tata. It is a factory unlocked one. Ie never locked to any network & unlocked after that. Reg antenna port on ZTE ac 2766 or 2736, it is only a dummy port (on which is available in india, as unlocked form MTS or Reliance). you can't connect any antenna there. I tried my ec315 with antenna on MTS network. The improvement is very huge. More than double the speed. I searched a lot for a ZTE modem with ext. antenna. But never find one. Pl let us try to find, It is the problem with BSNL or Huawei...
@Puzha Hey, how much did you get the modem for and through which seller. I have a EC 315 Tata with me and it is not getting unlocked. Why didn't you try ordering a Sierra 595 or 598 u modem it works pretty good with bsnl evdo. I have not seen many Huawei modems work with bsnl EVDO, though MTS does work, but signal quality in MTS is poor.
@puzha can't message you as you are new, any other way to reach out to you, wanted some more info on the 315.
My current firmware and software version is below post downgrading to original firmware. Please let me know the version you have on your EC 315.
Software version: 11.102.53.00.00
Web UI version: 12.001.02.02.45

@Dushie, My Software version: 11.102.67.01.45. Web UI version: 12.001.10.03.45
From where we can buy Sierra 595 or 598 u modem?
I bouht my ec315 from AliExpress. It costs 3.5K. Unlocking cdma modems is very tricky & difficult, I think.
@internetaddict, I think PRL details are stored in RUIM not on modem. Otherwise bsnl sim dont have prl inbuilt.
Anyway,Do you peoples think, contacting Huawei service centre or bsnl care leads to a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back