BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, i want to get a unlimited internet connection and EVDO is the only unlimited offering here. Can anyone please give their opinion on the below questions.
Is EVDO good for downloading LOTS of data? Can i keep it for downloading overnight? Does it auto disconnect after x hours?
How is youtube streaming on EVDO? Can it play 480p smoothly?

i can do all the above without any problem , question is can u do ?
it depends on ur area , distance from the tower and no of users
i can download around 20 gigs a day thru torrent , disconnection it happens , have a redial option for that !!

Ok i am getting a bit greedy but is 720p HD possible with EVDO?
So,...it automatically disconnects? Does the dialer automatically reconnects.( Want to know that because I will be downloading overnight with it.)
Does the dongle install its own software are you have to connect with windows dialer?
Also, if i get a wifi router, is it just switch the router on and start using or the PC needs to be on to use it?
Mediafire, can you post speedtest.net results? Will i need to keep my broadband connection for online games (yeah, pings) and use Evdo alongside.
Sorry for soo many questions

Evdo usually disconnects every 2 gb of usage apart from other random disconnects. And speed isn't stable and high 24*7 for everyone.. Depends on your area and factors as mediafire said... Mediafire is gifted to get such speed throughout the day having limited users being from a less populated town.. If you are too getting speeds like mf you would get 720p without buffering but I could only get 480p stable. 720p occasionally.. You can pretty use a standalone wifi router after setting it up.. And pings too aren't stable.. Sometimes between 100-200 other times above 200..Speeds are highly inconsistent.. No hard and fast rules.. Some days I get 2-2.4mbps for almost the entire day.. Some days I get such speeds for a party of the day like 5-8 hours and sometimes speed never goes above 1mbps for the entire day.. Wireless technology.. Have to live with it. The most confusing part is, sometimes I don't get speed in the night.. However after 8-9am I get good decent speeds until evening.. And some days it is exactly opposite.. :blink::(

blueman24 said:
Ok i am getting a bit greedy but is 720p HD possible with EVDO?
So,...it automatically disconnects? Does the dialer automatically reconnects.( Want to know that because I will be downloading overnight with it.)
Does the dongle install its own software are you have to connect with windows dialer?
Also, if i get a wifi router, is it just switch the router on and start using or the PC needs to be on to use it?
Mediafire, can you post speedtest.net results? Will i need to keep my broadband connection for online games (yeah, pings) and use Evdo alongside.
Sorry for soo many questions
720p not possible , technically it should be possible but it doesnt stream without buffering , i download them watch and delete , saves my time starring at the monitor
if u are using win 7 , ur windows dialer redial is sufficient for reconnection
check my siggy for wifi router
check the first page for the speed test results
pings are high , not recommended for online games

Get The TP-Link mr3020 router,it automatically reconnects when disconnected and is compatible with nearly all usb modems.My Evdo is running for days continuosly like a wired connection with that router with about 3-5 devices connected.And online gaming sucks on any wireless internet....yet you can download for days and days until you're fill up your hdd,good speeds,no fup.I get abt 512-1.5 mbps, never less than 512 at 1.5 kms frm tower.

Ok, thanks for the answers. Highly appreciated
Do i need to turn on the computer or just switching on the router will start internet access through wi-fi? If it is just by starting the router, then how will i reconnect when it automatically disconnects?
Also, should i get a prepaid or postpaid connection? Seeing your thread, it seems that online recharge is a pain in the as*

no need to run computer when u use wifi router , just power it
havent faced any disconnection while using thru router
if u are a regular user get a postpaid , if not get a prepaid , Paytm supports some circle EVDO recharge , if u are in that circle well and good
if not do it thru retail recharge shop , which isnt much difficult i guess

i dont know about MH circle , u can give a try , no harm u will have ur refund or make use of the credit later
am using LAN port in my laptop for connection from the router , like i said earlier , havent faced any disconnection while using router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back