Direcation of modem
And for me ac2766 and prithvi is doing good job ac2766>=prithvi
But sierra is best
But yes u r right it is a gamble
U can do one thing
Go to bsnl and discusse about sierra
If they guarantee u
Then u can purchase

Yes talking to the BSNL guy seems to be logical, as the guy on ebay is asking for 2999 for Sierra. It will be a heart attack :banghead: if I couldn't get it to work. Till then I am going through some Huawei models because they are better than ZTE due to antenna support. If nothing materializes I am going for AC27466.

EDIT: you said about distance and congestion - Distance between my home and EVDO tower is 600 meters and I think I am the only person going mad about EVDO in my area. So congestion shouldn't be a problem too. My area is ruled l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶l̶y̶ massively by Airtel broadband and then comes BSNL broadband.

Last edited:
According to me 100% Huawei is not working with bsnl evdo
I try many huawei modems it show evdo network but every tym when i try to connect it revert to 1x

U can try prithvi
As u said u r the only mad person :P regarding evdo in ur area it will work for u
With bsnl evdo few options available
Micromax mmx 300c
Prithvi ue100
Teracom t-u500
Zte ac2766(program)
Zte ac8700(Rev.0)

Last edited:
Hey, I somehow missed the mail you get on reply. Sorry for late reply.
I try many Huawei modems it show evdo network but every tym when i try to connect it revert to 1x
Yes, exactly same thing was happening with my zte ac2746 and I thought I haven't unlocked it properly and repeated the process and now it won't even blink, just sit like a zombie and won't detect any signal whatsoever.

And coming back to modems - I used an old Nokia 2505 to check signals. It has 2 bars and in some areas I get 3 bars but thats it. I never go above that even outside. Does that indicate something?

Also on another forum there is a guy who has used evdo for 8 years :speechless:. He seems to have used loads of data cards in this time and says Ac2766 is better than 595u from Sierra and speeks very highly of this modem.

So now since there is no other option and all recommendations are with 2766, I will finally be placing an order tomorrow night (till then I am trying to get someones modem for testing although I know it will be in vain).

It happene bcoz of meid nd esn funda
For ur ac2746 try nv only mode
May be will start working (nv mode is working in my case)
For 2766 confirm before buy that modem programed to support bsnl evdo aur not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back