BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all !!!

I am looking for a new EVDO Dongle connection. I have registered online in the BSNL Udaan project. I have a few doubts that i would like to clarify with the BSNL Users in and around my locality - Chennai

1.I have a tower within 800 m of my home , will the dongle be able to at-least receive 1Mpbs Download speed with a ping less than 100ms ?.
2. Is the 700 RS postpaid plan really without any FUP ??
3. I am currently using AC2736 ZTE Reliance Netconnect + dongle in TP-Link MR-3220 3G router.. are the dongles provided by bsnl compatible with this router ?
4. Last , what is the cost and the model no. of the postpaid dongle ?

1) Tp-link MR-3220 Version 1 only compatible with BSNL Prithvi Modem.

2) Please check up with users nearby regarding EVDO performance in your area.BSNL is not operating all the EVDO towers they have shown in the map.
3) There is no FUP in BSNL EVDO postpaid unlimited connection. It is better you go with prepaid GENERAL connection, more flexible.
4)They are charging Rs 950/-(corrected) for modem and Rs350/- for ruim card for prepaid GENERAL plan.

Last edited:
Hey @vin !!.. Thanks for the response.. I am thinking of using AC2766 zte dongle.. Will that work with BSNL Usim ? ... I am already using ZTE ac2736 reliance netconnect+ with a 5m usb cable connected to the router.

guys i got my prithvi ue100 card yesterday and my sim will be activated today or tomo. So if the sim isnt activated we cant install the drivers and connection manager? I mean i insert the modem and nothing happens...no popup or drive under removable storage (so i cant manually install them).
Mayb modem aint working(theres a blue light which blinks 3times)? or not compatible with win8? or i should wait till sim is activated? Under device manager i see 2 yellow marks under other devices(INTF0 and INTF1) which goes on and off every 2secs.

Ps: I currently use a airtel 3g modem and it works fine. All i had to do was insert the modem and it automatically installs everything(even if there is no sim card in it). or i can manually install from setup drive.

Last edited:
Hey Guys... a quick update

I have browsed through a lot of other forums... The word is that not all mts zte ac2766 unlocked dongles are compatible with TP-Link mr 3220 version 2.0 3G/4G router. :banghead:

I plan to hookup the dongle using usb extension wire to my router, the problem now is that the pruthvi dongle is not compatible and also it does not work when used with an extension cable:heartbreak::heartbreak: . I have plans to buy Micromax MMX 310c dongle form e-bay as it works with extension cable and also can be used with the router after getting a bin update from Tp-link :mad: . IS ANYONE FROM CHENNAI USING AC2766 SUCCESSFULLY WITH MR 3020/3220/3420 ROUTER.... IF YES PLEASE REPLY AND ADD THE DETAILS OF WHERE I CAN GET THE DONGLE (WORKING LIKE YOURS) ... AWAITING YOUR REPLIES

Just not got modem.
Please anybody guide me in unlocking ZTE AC2766 to use it with BSNL EVDO.
I am new to this thing. Never unlocked before. No clue what to do.Please help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back