BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi broh,I'm too from chennai,ayanavaram(centred to anna nagar,kipauk and villivakam),got an unlocked MTS ZTE device and an RUIM.(just a week back)I can very well understand speed depends on the BTS tower's load,congestion,network traffic,signal ETC.I get stable 1.5+mbps (upto 2.5mbps) from late night until 9am max.after that speed does touch 1mbps once in while but mostly keep heavily fluctuating and never stays at a point for longer than 10-15mins MAX.I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU:How much speed do you get in the day time and night time,assuming you're in chennai .Is what i am getting normal or should i try getting a modem from bsnl? I get full bars always.do you also face abnormal fluctuations during daytime?I can understand this isnt wired internet,yet just willing to hear from you or other users with evdo experience.

In chennai do you get stable 1+mbps during daytime?

hi,
i purchased evdo a month ago(in patna, bihar) with general plan.
i recharged it with stvs 20 and 825.
now i have 399 rs balance and the month is coming to end...can i use this balance for recharge?(i mean by making 399 to 825 and sending some sort of msg?)
plz help if possible

I want to know currently which device is being given with new bsnl evdo prepaid connection( in december'13). micromax300c, prithvi ue100 or else. recent buyers reply pls...

hi,i purchased evdo a month ago(in patna, bihar) with general plan.i recharged it with stvs 20 and 825.now i have 399 rs balance and the month is coming to end...can i use this balance for recharge?(i mean by making 399 to 825 and sending some sort of msg?)plz help if possible
Yes you can recharge from balance ie by sending "STV 825" to 53733 Or by using special recharge from balance option in the bsnl gennext cdma portal.
Hi broh,I'm too from chennai,ayanavaram(centred to anna nagar,kipauk and villivakam),got an unlocked MTS ZTE device and an RUIM.(just a week back)I can very well understand speed depends on the BTS tower's load,congestion,network traffic,signal ETC.I get stable 1.5+mbps (upto 2.5mbps) from late night until 9am max.after that speed does touch 1mbps once in while but mostly keep heavily fluctuating and never stays at a point for longer than 10-15mins MAX.I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU:How much speed do you get in the day time and night time,assuming you're in chennai .Is what i am getting normal or should i try getting a modem from bsnl? I get full bars always.do you also face abnormal fluctuations during daytime?I can understand this isnt wired internet,yet just willing to hear from you or other users with evdo experience.

cmsivasubramanian said:
In chennai do you get stable 1+mbps during daytime?
Now since I made this post i'm getting around 1.2mbps -1.4mbps occasionally during daytime too..it seems really confusing..sometimes it works sometimes speeds just suck as hell with fluctuations.

cmsivasubramanian said:
Yes you can recharge from balance ie by sending "STV 825" to 53733 Or by using special recharge from balance option in the bsnl gennext cdma portal.
thanks for the suggestion......but SMS and gennext portal are supported only in south circle.....i m in patna, bihar.....hv any solution?

raja1212 said:
I want to know currently which device is being given with new bsnl evdo prepaid connection( in december'13). micromax300c, prithvi ue100 or else. recent buyers reply pls...
i got prithvi...(patna dec 2013)

@viratyodha, thx for reply, Is this device ruim(sim) based or works without sim(like Tata photon etc), if yes then my question is- can only bsnl cdma sim work in it or cdma sim from other operators can work in it?

raja1212 said:
@viratyodha, thx for reply, Is this device ruim(sim) based or works without sim(like Tata photon etc), if yes then my question is- can only bsnl cdma sim work in it or cdma sim from other operators can work in it?
@raja1212- bsnl evdo modem only works with a bsnl cdma prepaid/postpaid sim......as far as i know, u can use it only for evdo connection, nothing else......but google it whether it can be cracked or not...
and no evdo modem doesnt work like tata photon (i.e without a sim)..............
by d way, ur area is delhi as per ur profile and i m sorry to tell u that evdo doesnt work in delhi n mumbai(it is mentioned on their website)
hope i helped :)
viratyoddha said:
hi,
i purchased evdo a month ago(in patna, bihar) with general plan.
i recharged it with stvs 20 and 825.
now i have 399 rs balance and the month is coming to end...can i use this balance for recharge?(i mean by making 399 to 825 and sending some sort of msg?)
plz help if possible
guys plz help me for my next recharge and give me a solution...only 5 days r left n i dont want 2 live without an internet connection :(
raja1212 said:
just googled what u asked....yes i observed some methods given on net to unlock evdo data card but i m not sure whether they work or not

Dear Viratyodha,
as far as I know after consulting BSNL office people, the balance in BSNL EVDO is auto debited as per your plan, I mean to say that if you have more than or equal to rs 825(as you have got rs 825 plan activated) in your balance, rs 825 will be deducted from your account, so you need to make balance of rs 825( add rs 426 to ur a/c. 825-399=426), and ur account'll be automatically debited as the next month starts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back