BSNL Fiber Broadband new plans starting from 1 April 2024

TBH it feels like BSNL is the only major fiber ISP in our country who cares about FUP increase with speed. Rest of the telcos use the "set and sleep" method to just go with 3.3 TB. Also BSNL's post FUP speed also increases as per the plan speed. If I could get that 500 Mbps or 1Gbps plan without the OTT trash (and some discount for not including OTT), I will happily use it and test it. I hate this OTT bundling thing by all the telcos.

@unnecessary FUP part and a bridge plan(500Mbps) between 300Mbps and 1Gbps was needed. I am in an area where BSNL is not serving right now, if it does in the Future, I will definitely put Airtel to 40Mbps and get 500Mbps plan from BSNL.

I used BSNL FTTH back in 2020, I had to pay 4500 for installation and stuff. But I disconnected the connection the very next Day, issue was LOS blinking every 5th minute. In my city, BSNL, Railwire and Airtel are being delivered by same LCO so it was easy for me to Get Airtel connection the very next day.

Update on my Fiber Value Plus plan; first month I got 160-170mbps every time on every speed test and downloads. Second month I seem to be throttled to 100mbps. Can't get over 92 in both upload and download. I'm getting only 60% of the advertised speeds, raised a complaint on pgrms will see how it goes.

I still get around 280 Mbps on 250 Mbps plan. If LCO calls just ask them to escalate it to BSNL end.

@sloj What's the process to activate EpicOn OTT? I have SuperStar PremiumPlus plan that includes that OTT. State - West Bengal. But I don't see any subscription when I log in with my number on the EpicOn app or site.

Last edited:
I did check when the new plans launched but it wasn't activated and then forgot about it totally. I think you will have to talk to scopevideo support for that.

@sloj I did messaged YuppTV Scope on there WhatsApp support no +91 94940 62345. But they are saying "Please try to reach BSNL support for further assistance." So next I called BSNL customer care no. They just raised a docket and asked me to check with Service Provider or BSNL Office. Then I asked my LCO about it but they have zero idea on this OTT stuff. They just told me it should show up in the manage OTT section in cinemaplus.bsnl.in But it's not showing there.

Yup, doesn't show. It's such a mess. No one has any answer. I will check later again. Even Hotstar activation was a minor inconvenience when I changed plan. I had to install old bsnl app and activate on there. But I didn't see anything on that app too for Epicon.

Back