BSNL FTTH Netlink firmware and bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter ddpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 4,217
ISP
BSNL
I cant upgrade the bsnl Netlink hg323rw version(1) to the latest firmware which was released in april 2024 from the netlink site.When i try to upgrade, it says that i have an incorrect model and then when i went back and checked the status page of my netlink modem it says my device model as :IGD .

Also i was using my modem in bridge mode until the technician came last week and he changed back to route mode.Now when i am trying to change my modem back to bridge mode .I cant connect to the internet .I tried copying the wan mac id of the ont modem to my router and when i do that the lan light turn off .What should i do ? Is there any way i can put my modem back to bridge mode ?

You can't clone mac's anymore, your pppoe login is binded to your ont now. Call BSNL, ask them to reset and login on the router.

@ddpk It's been some time since I used traditional ONTs or router+AP combo devices. I simply copy the WAN MAC Address (from initial device which was bound) to the WAN interface of current device.

My hunch is that the MAC address that you are trying to clone (the one which is on a sticker behind the ONT) is of either of the LAN interfaces.

@sloj -I copied the mac adresss of the ont from the status page of the ont something starting with (internet_....) to my router which is mercusys 80x and when i do that the lan light of the ont turn off . I also tried the same on my openwrt router but still the lan light turn off..

@WieldyBinkie -I copied the mac address from the ont connection status page ( something starting with internet_...) .Should i copy the ONT mac to the router after putting the ONT in bridge mode or before ? Does that make any difference?

Back