Netlink Bridge Mode without port / mac reset

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 174
  • Views Views 46,816
@harshvkrm Could you pls show a pic of the device and/or the management UI screenshot as there are multiple models.

Regarding pt 3, that shows there is no ONT authentication at the OLT layer so you could potentially swap the ONT with another and it would still register with the OLT. However there can still be PPPoE mac binding.

Even in bridge mode, VLAN should be enabled and appropriate id entered.

That should work if there is no PPPoE mac binding. I'd just restart both devices after making all changes just to start from a clean state.

Just validate whether it's the same as that in the self care portal. That's the mac as seen by BSNL.
Can you provide the URL for this?

@harshvkrm Could you pls show a pic of the device and/or the management UI screenshot as there are multiple models.

Regarding pt 3, that shows there is no ONT authentication at the OLT layer so you could potentially swap the ONT with another and it would still register with the OLT. However there can still be PPPoE mac binding.

Even in bridge mode, VLAN should be enabled and appropriate id entered.

That should work if there is no PPPoE mac binding. I'd just restart both devices after making all changes just to start from a clean state.
here you go with the interface

Attachments

• onu.webp
    onu.webp
    30 KB · Views: 392
  • tplink.webp
    tplink.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 364
Cool, so which city are you from? You might have Mac binding so that's something to keep in mind.

That particular ONT I couldn't get it to work when you clone the Mac id, cause I think it sees two devices with the same mac and just locks up.

I had to get BSNL to reset the bound mac.

@varkey I will be doing this in Varanasi, UP.

But not doing it at this time of crisis. Maybe, once things go back to a tad bit normal.
Had checked with the LCO about the mac binding, he said nothing like this exists here. But as you or pothi had mentioned before he may not be aware of the PPPoE binding which is done at BSNL's end

@varkey also, what do you do with the internet profile on the ONU once you get the bridge mode established ?
and do I need to change the ip of the router or should I go with the default ip ? which in this case is 192.168.0.1

@harshvkrm The internet profile would remain (ie in bridge mode). So unless your router supports setting an alias IP address, you would not be able to access the web UI of the ONT over the same cable. If you still need to access the management UI of the ONT

1. Bind the bridged WAN profile to the gigabit port and connect to the WAN port of the router
2. Assign the ONT an IP address in the same subnet as that of your router.
3. Connect the second port of the ONT to one of the LAN ports of your router.

You should then be able to access the management UI as well.

Back