Netlink Bridge Mode without port / mac reset

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 174
  • Views Views 46,816
I had a similar issue using my Tenda rounter on Netlink ont (bridged mode). Finally I got a solution. I turned on port binding on ONT and cloned my router’s MAC address to be same as my laptop’s. Now I can connect through PPPoE mode on the router although, I cannot access ONT page now

Literally I Didn't Follow Everything But I Tried to Run My BSNL Netlink ONT in Bridge Mode But It Didin't Work so @varkey if you dont mind can you summarize how to Open NAT From BSNL Side i would be greetful To you for your help bcuz my BSNL Operator Is dumbo and im not that much into Networking Stuff

So in a major Victory was able to finally configure my ONT in bridge mode today, although I do have a very noob level question...
What do we do with the DHCP server on both the routers ? like one in TP-Link and Netlink...do I leave both of them as enabled or should I switch one these off as we do when using the tplink router as a dummy AP ?
Also, any suggestions and advice wrt the security settings on both devices ?
@pothi @varkey

DHCP enable only in the device that does all the routing. If you did not bridge, then DHCP in ONT must be enabled. If you bridged, then DHCP must be from the router, because automatically your ONT just does the Optic to Ethernet conversion alone

@dhyaneshwar94 but won't disabling DHCP on the ONT also prevent from
1. signing in the default gateway of the ONT when connected through ethernet cable ?
2. redirecting the signal to the TP-Link router's ip address ?

Also should the tplink router's ip address be from the same IP address pool as that of the ONT ? like if ont is 192.168.1.1 then the router must be a 192.168.1.xx or can it also be anything else like 192.168.0.xx ?

This is how my my VLAN binding is set. Both voice and internet vlans through the same port.

CfLyU2Z.jpg
hello @varkey , i need your help for set my Vlan binding. i want to ping my sip server in bridge mode.
My current configurations are

Attachments

• Binding.webp
    Binding.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 419
  • internet profile in bridge.webp
    internet profile in bridge.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 321
  • Voice.webp
    Voice.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 299

Back