BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

If all permit me. The sites speedtestnet and speed ookla when click goes to the origianl page of GO, but before that , the trickster makes the site to redirect to unwanted sites. Yes , it is only on those speedtest websites. We always visit those sites to check our bandwidth speed often, as there is sudden drop and gain of speed.
Mail bsnl redirects have been stopped after voice of people . The bsnl introduces a mail, a free mail to be used by bsnl users. But that site was full of advertisements and popup.
I have written to the higher ups, and they said that they have written the same to their higher ups.
Finally, it was not to be after everybody experienced it. The answer that was said to me, that it is a set up, that on the first logon the redirects page would appear and then it will not.
Since i was experiencing disconnection quite often, when i write to a forum, suddenly my browser would switch to bsnl mail page and i would lost all the correspondence. You cannot recover what you are writing or browsing. Since disconnects occured to me often, i had the annoyance.
C;o;ming to the cure, having adblock add on for firefox saved me lot of unwanted popups.
Having avast antivirus free, and scan thro wifi inspector , one of its components will save all trouble.
Having ports check at Sheilds up site would give you solultion to some extent.
Having Router check, for pc would scan, if your dns server and actual dns server which is current and say the vulnerabilities and how to solve the problem..
My experience with public dns server makes me thing that it is better to be under your service provider dns, as their servers will have always updates. Public dns server , allows other servers to access your browser at odd times. This made me to switch to the bsnl , the dhcp server for our connection.
I recommend avast , as it has scan for internet routers etc, and it pops up vulnerabilites of connection and solutions also. VPN costs

Hi, please see the example of my scan with routercheck
routercheck sample

I complained to the JE and I have a BSNL engineer for the Backend Service visiting me to collect the trace and perform few tests.
If you guys have any suggestions to collect the data or any tests to be performed.
Let me know. Will ask the engineer to look into it.

Happened to me too today, I just got new FTTH connection today in Pune and experienced the 1bcde redirect/popup to some clearly malware sites saying "install Java to continue" or "Install EasyZip to continue".

So the twitter complaints yielded no result ?

Venkatachar,
The redirect is not on the bnsl part.It is the browser, which you click. There are programs which if you just click on the web page, would give redirect . Prevously , if you click the link, the redirect occured. But, nowaday, the attackers compromized sites, normally visiting sites, so that if you just click in anything inside the redirect comes you to alert about updating flash or java.
I do not know the browser , which you are having,but would recommand avast security browser freely available to download and experience safe browsing. It has many items. Ofcourse, you would have to practice a little more to become used to it.
I just changed and now i face no redicts. You could try and then report if you face . Browser redirects are due to compromized web pages and not service provider.
the link:
Avast Secure Browser | Private browser from Avast

@rajujayaraman ... As mentioned in the OP, the redirect happens only on BSNL Broadband network.

If BSNL broadband is not compromised and if the websites are compromised, then the redirect should happen when visiting those compromised websites using non-BSNL (broadband) network. The redirect never happens on non-BSNL (broadband) network. Did you get the point?

@rajujayaraman you are wrong, just open any non https website on your favorite browser without using any VPN on your BSNL connection. I can assure you that you will get that redirect to any one of the websites listed above.

It happens only on non-secure sites such as speedtest.net (a popular site for testing speed of the connection), webpagetest.org (a popular site to test the speed of a website), etc. Of course, I started using the speedtest.net app (for mac) and started using the secure version of web
I am also having the bsnl broadband and i did experienced the browser redirects.
Once i use avast security browser, (I was using firefox then), the problem went away.
Bsnl redirects were there when it redirected to bsnl mail in (do not click this )
There is general advise that changing dns to google would be better.
I tried google but it gives random access to unknown servers in foreign countries, which does not relevant to your network traffic. So , i switched back to bsnl servers.
If the bsnl servers, main or intermediary is compromized, then also we would experienc such kind of dns redirects.
I am using avast and one such scan by avast wifi inspector, alerted dns vulnerablilities in home network.
I was using bsnl netowrk. When a website is accessed , it checks the reverse and if it did not, then it prompts you that some third party attackers could utilise the website and it listed the vulnerable website dns.
I made it a point and talked to the technical staff.
I used tracert command
to the listed ip.
It shows the traffic to one of bsnl ip
i contacted the technical person, that it shows the bsnl in tracert, because, all those communications to the website has been redirected to this server to counter the attack . It was a russian site.
Hi, Pothi, why not try the avast security browser and visit those websites.
Avast is a free home user program gives much protection including network, and now comes with the browser. iMy redirects gone when i use avast secure browser which has google search engine as its default search engine.
I am not a staff of avast, but users o;f the program for several years.
Will check the websites you mentioned in the first post