Budget PC upgrade for 14k

• Thread starter Thread starter uberjon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 4,651
Budget PC upgrade for 14k
I'm thinking of going to Ritchie street on Saturday (Tomorrow) & picking up these things. I want a very cheap upgrade.
Any suggestion on this setup?
I will be using my existing monitor, mouse etc.

This will be used for watching Youtube, email, 1080p rips, office apps. NO gaming.

CPU
Intel G2010 - Rs. 3300

MB
Intel DH67CL - Rs. 5750 OR
Intel DH67BL - Rs. 5550

If you have any Asus or Gigabyte alternatives, please let me know. I need 8 USB ports. My existing 6 are full.
I'm not planning on getting those cheap USB PCI cards. I already tried it.

RAM (DDR3)
Any 2x2GB - Rs. 2150 OR
Any 1x4GB - Rs. 1800

CASE
Any Good case Rs. 1500 - Rs. 2000

DVD Drive
Anything - Rs. 1000 (just in case)

Total ~ Rs. 14,000

(Prices from http://www.deltapage.com/list/index.html)

wat's your current config? Even a sempron paired with a decent mobo. Would do everything you want ...

You have a decent setup there. It's perfect for your needs. I don't see a real need for an upgrade unless you got bored of it. Just add another 2 GB DDR2 RAM to that board. You 're good to go ...
DG43NB's onboard GPU should play 1080p smoothly. You just need another 2 GB RAM ...

DNA_Uncut said:
You have a decent setup there. It's perfect for your needs. I don't see a real need for an upgrade unless you got bored of it. Just add another 2 GB DDR2 RAM to that board. You 're good to go ... DG43NB's onboard GPU should play 1080p smoothly. You just need another 2 GB RAM ...
It's still great. I just installed Speccy found out that my processor is running at 98C. The MB is between 45 - 50C.I opened it up & saw that the holes on the MB for the CPU cooler have increased in size. The CPU cooler is just hanging. I do not know how long it's been like this, but the thermal paste on the CPU might be just vapour now.I could buy a new cooler (& some RAM) & place the computer on it's side to make sure that the cooler sits on the processor. What do you think?

Righto. Get a third party CPU Cooler and install it with a fresh coat of thermal paste :D and get some additional RAM.

Quite common in old pcs. Fix it. It won't cost you much. Rs. 1000 max (Rs.100 for thermal paste, Rs. 500 - 700 for cpu cooler) + RAM ... Hire a service guy than doing it on your own ...

Back