Suggestions/ Ctitique for PC Upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,777
right then, try to get a quad core penryn! :)

you might want to wait for the new 45nm Intel Penryn CPUs (dual or quad core)

I don't want to spend more then 25k for upgrade and new LCD monitor alone is going to take 10k from that :( And brand new CPUs tend to cost more then 10k.

doh, you want to upgrade? you'll probably need to get a new motherboard, cpu, ram and video card anyway, dunno what is your current hard disk size etc... practically replace everything :)why not get a brand new pc and get a "exchange discount" by selling off your current pc?if you are on a budget then a current core 2 duo and mid-range video card might suffice for you

I keep adding things to PC.
Current HDD is 320 GB that I bought along with a DVD writer last month. And my wireless KBD + Mouse / Wirelass / speakers are working fine.

Thats why I am looking at just new mobo+cpu+ram [and SMPS/Cabinet if I have to]. Its *almost* like buying a new PC.

ok just tried , magicISO took around 20 minutes or so to create a 5 GB im age file of 5 gb of videos

Hey, can you try creating a DVD from some VCD? You can use this program .. Description

That will help in measuring performance of conversion process.

what you have chosen is good.but you gonna work with on-board graphics or would you be getting a graphic card too?and if you are getting a new cabby, have a look at zebronics bijli and antibiotic.biostar TA690G is a great motherboard. it has dvi and hdmi. not sure about the pricing.

I will not be buying a Grafix card since I don't play recent games and most of the usage is with Windows or Linux command line / Browser and MS Outlook.

What is your current config? Can you help me by posting time that config takes to create a DVD ISO from VCD (using .DAT files in MPEGAV folder)? Please use this program Description .

So, this is the final config:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3719/finalpcconfigog9.jpg

Costs ~16k

Athlon X2, 2 GB, HDMI Ready Onboard Grafix, 320 GB SATA 2 HDD and new cabinet.

Thatr a decent upgrade in this price range.Please do go for better ram. Transcend ddr2 1 gb 800 mhz comes for rs 900.

Back