Budget PC Upgrade [Processor + RAM +MB only]

• Thread starter Thread starter sskraju
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,211
Wakeup AMD..simply loosing customers with pathetic support :(
Finally which MB best...61WW or 61BF?
Just found delta was selling 845 compatibility board with 1yr warranty for Rs 1750
Zebronics Intel 865 - 478 PIN 478 Pin / V,S, L, DDR1 1750
DDR1 RAM is available 1GB with 1yr warranty at Rs1200 :) But yet to find compatible processor (P4) with this MB.Any suggestions where I can get at least seller warranty since manufacturer warranty is not possible at all.

^For the RAM, it's not worth paying that much for DDR1.
2 gigs of DDR3 will set you back by 1400.
Look out for these parts, if possible:
MSI 760GM P33 (around 2400)
2 gigs of Corsair Value RAM (1400)
Athlon II X2 260/270 (2800-3000)
Total would be about 7k and would be light years ahead of a P4 setup.

androidfreak said:
I'm ok with G2020 processor but the MB seems to be available only on FK.But it shows item cannot be shipped to my location ?? Will this MB support my old hardware? Had to fight with dealer again to arrange this MB :(
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Which one is better in these two Intel MB's DH61WW or DH61BF? These are the only boards that dealers are recommending (I mean forcing) Will these boards support future upgrades like i3 / i5 processors?[/color]
Everyone suggesting different brands for RAM..Which one will the best?
Some one told that Processor/FSB & memory frequency should match for optimum performance.If there is a mismatch even an i7 with 4GB RAM will perform like i3 with 2GB RAM..is it really true??

sskraju said:
I'm ok with G2020 processor but the MB seems to be available only on FK.But it shows item cannot be shipped to my location ?? Will this MB support my old hardware? Had to fight with dealer again to arrange this MB :(
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Which one is better in these two Intel MB's DH61WW or DH61BF? These are the only boards that dealers are recommending (I mean forcing) Will these boards support future upgrades like i3 / i5 processors?[/color]
Everyone suggesting different brands for RAM..Which one will the best?
Some one told that Processor/FSB & memory frequency should match for optimum performance.If there is a mismatch even an i7 with 4GB RAM will perform like i3 with 2GB RAM..is it really true??
the DH61ww seems to have pcie 3.0 and 8 usb ports while dh61bf only has pcie2.0 and six usb ports seems like better to go with DH61ww both can handle i3/i5 processors
Also Processor/FSB & memory frequency is not that big of a issue in the real world it won't make a huge difference.
Corsair RAMs are fine they are a very good brand.

I would suggest a pre-owned
Check olx or quikr of your city or the near by big city. You could find any pre-owned decent C2D or Core 2 quad. AMD phenom, (even an i3 1st or 2nd gen if you 're lucky) with 4 GB RAM along with TFT monitor for 10k. Just dispose your current cpu n monitor (excluding the components that you gonna continue using it with new) for 2-3k.
If you 're convinced with a deal, talk to the seller, take your area service guy with you, check, pay, pick

hitech0101 said:
the DH61ww seems to have pcie 3.0 and 8 usb ports while dh61bf only has pcie2.0 and six usb ports seems like better to go with DH61ww both can handle i3/i5 processors
Also Processor/FSB & memory frequency is not that big of a issue in the real world it won't make a huge difference.
Corsair RAMs are fine they are a very good brand.
Yes...DH61WW (Q1-2011) is Rs 3850 and DH61BF (Q4-2012) is Rs3950.Specification wise DH61WW wins although being old

I had posted the cheapest possible config due to your budget constraints. If you can go for DH61WW, well and good!

Back