Buying and Selling products through OLX

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 32,348
lol. shipping has way too many hassles that i want to avoid. i was thinking of telling him that 13k is the final offer.

Recently started a topic " Suggest desktop for home use " and got so many helpful replies & after discussing with forum members was thinking to get it assembled but today saw on OLX an advert. of Dell desktop PC for Rs 22000(1.5 month old ) price of new 32,690rs Specs:core i3 3240,Win 8 ,4 GB DDR3 1600mhz,500 GB SATA 7200rpm,NVIDIA Geforce GT 620 graphics card,dell lcd 18.5" . Sellers location 5 kms from my place. Is this deal if seller is genuine O.K.? An other advert. stated Dell LCD's 17" -rs 3500,19" -4000rs, 22" -6000rs, 24 " -8500rs. I have not talked to any one of them. If deal is fixed what to look for in these products? Being a non techie shall I go with a techie to buy ? I have not decided to buy these but just discussing. I am still into getting it assembled.

Best is to get hold of the service tag of the system and check on Dell website the warranty information to see if it's indeed 1.5months old. I won't suggest you to pickup a old machine if you are not a techie

Olx works pretty good for me. Sold my nexus 10, a friends printer and now an xbox 360. The printer took some time but the others were pretty quick. Olx always gets more responses as you can see the item beforehand and not wait for days because of crappy courier services. Just go, pay and pick up.

god damn it. people are so stupid. this guy has been pursuing the nexus 7 for so many days now. and today he tells me that he is based in greater noida.

Greater Noida is like 50KM from my place.

Go to the border of your planned limit towards his place & ask him to come there :D

The border of my planned limit is my sector. lol. I can travel to Greater Noida to meet a friend but that can only happen on a weekend. But this guy has changed his plans so many times that I would not make the effort on lame promises.

Apologies for not replying sooner. when would be the convenient time to look up the device ? if it's not too much of a bother i would be more comfortable if you could give a signed receipt stating the sale and original ownership of the device along with the copy of a crossed ID proof.
Reasonable request? What exactly do I need to prepare? What exactly do I ask him to give? This is regarding the Nexus 7.

You can ask the same from him too. But the crossed id... I wont have given if I was in your place. I have sold 2 Galaxy note through olx. And only gave the photocopy of the bill that's it. Nothing more

I don't have a bill for obvious reasons.
And of course. Since the device has a SIM slot, I would ask for similar documents.
Man selling something to strangers is such a painful exercise :(
There has to be someone on the forum who has a use for the previous generation Nexus 7 3G edition? lol.

Back