Buying and Selling products through OLX

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 32,348
I have given my old furniture to charities in Chennai - Udavam Karangal and Sisters of Mercy
TT table cost me 8K + 800 for shipping home. I think I paid a bit more, but was on the lookout for a few months now and missed a couple as I delayed going to see the table.

Right. Good quality TT Tablets cost more than 15K right?

How do you people buy from sellers from different cities ? Like you make a payment beforehand and let the seller ship the product ? There is always a risk involved in such cases right ? The seller might never respond after taking your money.
Also i have started to list few products that i want to sell on olx and quikr but have not yet mentioned my phone number. I am not sure if i should give my primary number there so am planning to buy a spare SIM and give that number, good idea ?

I normally tell the seller to list the same on ebay if the seller's not from my city & pay 10% extra for ebay & shipping charges. Most sellers would agree. Worth spending 10% for a safe transaction than risking your whole money ...

Small transactions are fine. You can figure out when discussing with the seller usually what kind of person you are dealing with. Infact, he shipped the TT bat to me even before I had paid him. He sent me a photo of the shipping label with tracking number and we divided the shipping cost.
I guess for larger articles, I probably wouldnt do such a thing.

^ yes ..We know what kind of persons we're dealing with once we talk to them.
Once my friend bought an blackberry and when we were returning , we got a call from the seller saying that we forgot to take headphones and he was willing to return to the spot so that he can hand over them to us. he was a nice guy

chromaniac said:
So no suggestions on what I should do? :-P
Just politely tell the guy to accept 14k or GTFO :) OR post a new ad on quikr or Olx using words "fixed" "no bargaining" etc etc
Or you can always ship it to me :3

Back