Can I use SUNDIRECT STB to watch DD Direct DTH and other FTA Channels??

• Thread starter Thread starter Masula
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 16,510

Masula

ISP
Cable/DSL
Hi AllI am planning to go for SUNDIRECT DTH service. I enquired about the kind of STB being offered in my area and it is HOMECAST SN9000IR.I want to know if I can use this STB to get DD Direct DTH service(from appropriate satellite) and also other FTA channelsThanks a lot in advance...

1. Does one get SUN Direct in Canada? I noticed that you are from Canada in your profile.:confused:

2. If you are in India or any other place within Insat 4B footprint, you will be able to receive DD DTH with the STB you mentioned by manual addition of channels. By the way let me inform you that SUN Direct has almost all the channels offered by DD DTH. FYI - both DD DTH & SUN DTH are beamed from Insat 4B!:thumbsup:

Hi YesgeeThanks a lot for your reply. I ordinarly live in Canada, but now visiting India so want to subscribe SUN DIRECT for my parents. The reason why I want to tune to DD DIRECT PLUS is to get BBC WORLD SERVICE. My local cable operator is a numbnut and stopped beaming this channel I am little bit confused.. about SUN DIRECT STB........I heard that its locked to SUN DIRECT so wont be able to search other satellites...is that true ???? Also if I stopped subscription to SUN DIRECT in future can I simply program my STB to get DD DIRECT?? Thanks in advance...

The reason why I want to tune to DD DIRECT PLUS is to get BBC WORLD SERVICE.

I think BBC WORLD is not available in DD+..I think it is a pay channel.

I am little bit confused.. about SUN DIRECT STB........I heard that its locked to SUN DIRECT so wont be able to search other satellites...is that true ????

yes sun direct stb is locked but if u they provide u SN900IR STB then u can do manual scanning..But i think after open tv software is released by sun direct this seeting might go disabled..

....but I read somewhere here that bbc is coming to sun dth :)

If it is true then it will be good news for all of us..:thumbsup:

Yeps ur right mailtoviki BBC WORLD is not in DD Direct :cry: this is very bad.. now I am at the same positon from where I started...:wall: Is it possible to add c band LNB on to SUN DIRECT dish and get channels on STB provided by SUN DIRECT? Please advise me.... Thanks..

Yeps ur right mailtoviki BBC WORLD is not in DD Direct :cry: this is very bad.. now I am at the same positon from where I started...:wall:

Is it possible to add c band LNB on to SUN DIRECT dish and get channels on STB provided by SUN DIRECT? Please advise me....

Thanks..
With a 60 cm. dish it is not possible to receive C-Band signals!:(

Back