Can't connect register.mtnl.net.in

Infact i think, they even recorded my night usage though i am on a NU plan.

Check what Plan you are on under "VIEW SERVICES" at Login Page coz when i initially got my connection, i asked for NU pln, was told I was given a NU plan and used it.
but when the bill came i found out the buggers had given me some shitty gold plan or something and all my Night usage was charged :p

And if its a NU plan and the Night usage is being charged just email the screen shot to CC and ask for an explanation

They will rectify the billing error and issue refunds if reqd

CUSTOMER SUMMARY Customer information User Name 2*******@a Customer Status Active Creation Date 16 May, 2008 00:00:00 Activation Date - Expiry Date Unlimited Last Access Time 29 May, 2008 14:50:25 Current Pack Information Pack Name DSL_NU_849 Serial ID -

^^^^^^^^Is it a proper plan ?

And what screenshot should i email ?

Pack Name DSL_NU_849

Yippee buddy its the proper plan. :yahoo:
Now send the screen shot of the usage summary page that shows night usage has been recorded

Well i am not yet too sure on it..... so will check my usage again tomm morning....and see if i am charged.BTW, does MTNL count uploads during daytime into my usage account ?

UL not counted for day or night.But if u wanna seed torrents throughout the day at max speeds, be warned becoz UL on torrents will lead to a small amount of data Download activity alsoUL on FTP or HTTP will ofcourse be free anytime

Do i need to reboot my router also at 12 in the night to avoid being charged for night usage ?

Here is a screenshot of my usage....

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7494/mtnlusage1tq8.jpg

now i started to download a movie at 1 in the night , date 30/05/08

and the download finished around 2.30 in the night.

Still i am charged only 490 MB for that session, and for session on 29/05, from 20.40 to 23.59 i am chared 602 MB, when i hardly would have used 30-40 MB.

Why does this happen ?

Do i need to reboot my router also at 12 in the night to avoid being charged for night usage ?

from 20.40 to 23.59 i am chared 602 MB, when i hardly would have used 30-40 MB.

Yes you definitely need to reboot at 0000 and 0800.
Although to be safe its best to reboot at 0010 and 0750 becoz the MTNL servers are not always synced at the right time

You may have DL only 30-40MB but charged for 602MB because some other applications may be eating bandwidth like

[*]Virus
[*]Surfing pages with lots of pics
[*]Voice or Video chatting
[*]streaming video,Youtube ....etc
[/list]Why not install DUMeter or a similar bandwidth monitoring application to see whats your actual usage v/s whats displayed on the website.

And ur screen shot looks totally different from what my Usage screenlooks like.(I'm not a "@" user )
U have CHARGED usage and ZERO CHARGED usage listed, so i dont think that ur charged for NU usage

I am getting "password incorrect" on register.mtnl.net.incan any1 check?

Back