CCI News & Updates

They block seats on all trains to make them available through lottery at the last moment?

IRCTC is not blocking the tickets. Its Indian Railways. Well to be honest I am against this whole tatkal system.

Right. I see the utility but the implementation sucks. If the train has tickets available sure keep selling them till the last moment. But blocking tickets to sell them at the last moment to people looking for emergency tickets in black? I am not sure how I feel about it when you run it like a lottery system.

India Antitrust Body Launches New Google Probe - WSJ.com

The latest probe order follows a complaint by a person named Vishal Gupta who owns a group of remote technology support service firms. He complained to the commission that his advertisements were unfairly terminated by Google.
Mr. Gupta paid Google $310,000 for ads, but the advertisement were later blocked by Google who said he had violated the company's "user safety policy," the commission's order said.
In his complaint to the commission Mr. Gupta claimed that "Google Inc. has a 'user safety policy' which is extremely vague and unclear giving rise to abuse of dominance by Google."
Google has its own remote technology support service similar to Mr. Gupta's called Google Helpouts. Mr. Gupta's complaint alleges Google may have been blocking his advertisements so Google Helpouts could get more customers.
Google Helpouts was just recently launched and is not even open to everyone yet I believe. You have to apply to get selected.

Not individually. More people collaborate. Everyone pays less. I would be interested if at least 10 people are involved.

I have committed 1000 bucks to this initiative. So we need 3 more. Vivek said that he can get 2. I need one more. Would be interesting if CCI indeed find Flipkart breaking their rules. Could set a precedent.

Back