CCI News & Updates

The Blaupunkt I have also doesn't have proper android. Just some custom shit which is so bad that we just use fire stick on it.

Google abused the dominant position of its Android operating system in India, using its "huge financial muscle" to illegally hurt competitors, the country's antitrust authority found in a report on its two-year probe seen by Reuters.

Alphabet Inc's Google reduced "the ability and incentive of device manufacturers to develop and sell devices operating on alternative versions of Android," says the June report by the Competition Commission of India's (CCI) investigations unit.

heh. i would love to know which indian company was struggling to launch devices with their own variant of android in the indian market.

why worry. when you can just call sundar and get him to design a special thank you modi ji android edition. he would do it gladly.

Google said last week it looked forward to working with the CCI to "demonstrate how Android has led to more competition and innovation, not less."

In Thursday's statement the company said it had filed a legal challenge against the CCI at the Delhi High Court "to prevent any further unlawful disclosures of confidential findings."

Google said it was "protesting against the breach of confidence which impairs Google's ability to defend itself and harms Google and its partners."

It's nice how every second company has to go to court to stop government bodies from leaking private/confidential data. Because you know that is exactly what's going to happen.

The INS has sought fair value for content hosted on Google, stating that news publishers are not being properly compensated for the content they generate.

“The News Media Houses are completely kept in the dark on the total advertising revenue collected by Google and what actual percentage of the advertising revenue is being transferred to media organizations. The European Publishers Council had also filed a competition complaint against Google alleging that Google has achieved end to end control of the ad tech value chain, thus abusing its dominant position,” the statement released on Friday said.

CCI waalon ke sab sar se upar nikal jaata hoga. This is probably like the 20th complaint against Google received by them. And I don't remember reading anything about them taking any action.

Babus be like...kuch samajh aaya? Nahin. Rakh lo file room me. Chaliye, biryani khane chalte hai.

Back