Excitel Broadband: 50mbps for Rs. 800, 75mbps for Rs. 970 & 100mbps for Rs. 1145

right. they would now need to offer better routers. and even then the speeds are unlikely to touch the peak speeds over longer distances. just more abuses for the LCOs. not sure how they deal with this with ISPs offering more than 100mbps speeds on their networks. i mean a lot of computers still ship with 100mbps ethernet ports. most routers too i believe. gigabit ethernet devices are quite rare. even the AC router I have does not have gigabit ethernet ports.

i never said that peering is the devil . peering is great , it helps saves bandwidth and provide greater speed to the user. i just pointed towards your responses towards these issues, which you guys always say that hey this xyz service is not peered hence the issues , which i believe is wrong in its own self. and tbh i dont not care if xyz service is peered or not . what matters to me is , is the working of this xyz service.

i also never said that you guys should divert all your resources to fix these issues but what i am looking for is some sort of assurance from you guys about these issues. that you are aware of these issues and that you will focus on improving them and i do not want this peering excuse to be among them.

and about game servers being closer to us , well closer the server, lower the pings , lower the lag , faster the response times .

and i dont see how twitch will provide servers for peering. india just doesnt generate traffic for them .so if things goes like this , will you keep saying the same thing over and over again for years? will us users , who uses twitch continue to suffer?

and its just not twitch . there is another video streaming called link-removed that has the same problem and im pretty sure there are several other websites that have these issues that i am not aware of or that i dont use .

and also what has the aging of the company got to do with the type of service they provide?

and again , i cant thank you guys enough for bringing high speed internet at such low prices but as i have said earlier , there are issues that atleast i just cant ignore. my main usage involves twitch , gaming, watching video streams . if i cant do the things that i do then what is the point for me to have such internet service? obviously i will dump it the second i get an alternative no matter how good the plans and pricing are.

Last edited:
right. they would now need to offer better routers. and even then the speeds are unlikely to touch the peak speeds over longer distances. just more abuses for the LCOs. not sure how they deal with this with ISPs offering more than 100mbps speeds on their networks. i mean a lot of computers still ship with 100mbps ethernet ports. most routers too i believe. gigabit ethernet devices are quite rare. even the AC router I have does not have gigabit ethernet ports.
lol...... bring down speed on Excitel...... this is the problem...... Back to 5Mbps.... all issues will be sorted out.....

I request admin to put a poll...... to get an idea....... how many people are actually suffering on the mentioned issues...

This will give a clear idea to Excitel rep.... as well suffering people...... what is quantum of the problem....

LCO will have to upgrade pretty much everything. The two pair cables that most LCOs use can't be used for >90Mbps speeds. I don't know if their last mile switch is Gigabit or not. 2.4G N Routers can't Handle 100Mbps very well. I would probably upgrade to a Ubiquiti Edgerouter X soon for Gigabit.

This is exactly what I was thinking when they announced these plans, how on earth these LCOs will keep up.

why not just provide better hardware to the user? sign up deals with TP-Link type companies. buy high quality AC routers from them. offer them on EMIs or prepayment of six months along with outright purchase. they suddenly jumped to 100mbps so these problems are bound to happen. most people in this country are using the cheapest router they found online or whatever they found at their local outlet or whatever router their ISP provided them. this is a problem that was bound to happen sooner or later. and with 100mbps, excitel has pretty much reached the stage where customers would need better hardware to get optimal speeds on all their devices.

and yes... god knows if their last mile connectivity is capable of this. a single ethernet cable serves more than a handful of users so if 10 of them are on 100mbps plans... i am not sure how that line can support full speeds for all people on that line.

@Excitel rep wants to say

they tried to fix video streaming problem but cannot, its beyond their control. And its really a niche market, so cut them some slack.

--
We get it you guys are providing a very good VFM service. Introducing NO FUP was a bold move.

Customer mostly contact CC when they are in trouble so don't get demotivated lol

@Sushubh may be you should create a 'Good Reviews' thread to motivate them. :p

How is CPE an ISP issue.....

Give them some credit......

India is so full of Bhakts...... appreciating corrupt BJP and harassing those who want to bring change.... better value to life

If Excitel does provide users with better routers etc, they could still be limited by their personal hardware. Maybe the laptop/PC only has a 100 Mbps port, maybe the phone they are using doesn't support Wireless AC and falls back to N.

I think Excitel will also have to educate users of the limitations of their hardware, which can be difficult.

Back