Excitel Broadband: 50mbps for Rs. 800, 75mbps for Rs. 970 & 100mbps for Rs. 1145

1492 is the PPPoE max

I am on 50 Mbps plan.

But getting 30 Mbps speed on 'speedtest' and just 3.4 mbps on 'fast.com'.

Why is there such a huge difference?

not sure if you have already done it... but for a proper speed test, connect the cable directly to the pc and log in using pppoe manually and then check.

on my connection... i am getting 50mbps on my pc connected through ethernet. even on phone when kept within 2 meters of an AC capable router. upload speeds however are hovering between 35mbps and 40mbps.

@Sidharth P its not your lco . its excitel . i get full 50/50 on excitels server as well as other delhi servers. twitch is horrible due to their networking being pathetic

and this response that these guys give - ''they are not present in india and are not ready for peering .''
man i tell you, this response really gets on my nerves.

Having popular platforms cooperate with an ISP and working together for peering is a bad thing, you're claiming? If direct network connections were such an amazing thing, why do people prefer game servers closer to them? Why are people so pleased with the speed performance of Youtube? Its due to the peering efforts and collaboration that we've undertaken. Since when has having a server closer to the source country been a bad thing, I fail to understand? Since you try to portray peering to be some sort of a devil and direct connections with offshore servers as an angel.

Direct connections with offshore servers works without extra efforts, sure. However, please understand that it is not always possible to do that, due to the different routes used by different upstream providers. Peering with major platforms helps us counter that, atleast temporarily, if not a permanent solution. Instead of seeing that as a positive effort to atleast ensure that customers are able to use such platforms optimally, you have a critical opinion of the same. And obviously, had the peering gone through with Twitch in the first go, you would be rejoicing here. Then it would suddenly turn out not to be such a devil of an entity, right?

whatever the case , these issues only happen with excitel
sure out of their total userbase , people who uses twitch and such sites are very small , but still they should rectify it and make users happy.

Yes, I agree. And we never refused to fix the issue and neither did we ever deny having any issues, either related to Twitch or any other aspect of our services, as well. A newer ISP has to expand its coverage area, improve upon stability, improve upon a ton of other pressing concerns. Do you suggest we should refocus our energies and resources from those areas and direct it towards very specific issues, first? I'm not saying that the Twitch issue isn't important. We will come around to it.

@Excitel How am I able to stream Twitch without any buffering at source on my Airtel 16mbps plan but not on Excitel 50Mbps?

After Excitel's unblocking they have again started thier usual BS. Just answer this one thing, why can't 50mbps stream Twitch, Prime Videos, Vimeo and others without buffering but Airtel on 16mbps heck MTNL on 8mbps DSL is able to handle it without any hickup.

Because all companies are not using the exact same routing strategies? Because they're not one and the same company. Or maybe because Excitel is not as "set-in"/old as the other companies that you're trying to compare us with. This is something which I find surprising. Comparing new companies with old ones isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison, now, is it?

Also someone mentioned fast.com have their servers moved to some norsk country, so it may be having some problems outputting the real throughput, when doing a speed testing via fast.com on Airtel I get almost 15-16mbps on it consistent, but Excitel will just say fast.com shouldn't be trusted but you must check the actual stream using a Netflix account. @Excitel I would like to highlight the fact that, Netflix specifically their started their own speedtests servers in order answer ISPs that are indulged in unfair practices of speed throttling. So instead of blaming Netflix or Twitch better check your DNS configuration and packet loss problems.

We have established peering with Netflix. This peering using a specific route which is NOT equivalent to the route that is used while testing connection speeds on Fast.com. As far as your comparison between Excitel and other ISPs in this regard is concerned, refer to my previously reply, above.

Agreed, Excitel is just pushing the blame on to others. " Oh its the distance problem!" " Oh fast.com and twitch servers are far away". I'm tired of listening to this same garbage over and over. Excitel may have good speeds for torrents and peering but everything else sucks. They never admit that the problem is on their side and that their network may have some problems.

We have, never, and I repeat, never, refused to accept the problems experienced in relation to our services.

@Excitel very passive-aggressive for a "professional" company.

"Our DNS is Unreliable?. Well, our DNS has lower latency than others"
" Twitch speed is low? Well, they are not peering with us so speeds will suck"
"Fast.com is slow? Well thats because they use different server which totally is not on internet"
"Speeds are low? Well, thats because we are a "new": company"
" Static IP? Can't provide because ipv6 is expensive"
" Connection down? Well, that must be your LCO!"
"Packet loss? Oh thats because the server is far away"
"Our speeds to peering servers are good and we don't have any data caps, so we are the best!"

Every time you have slithered your way and put blame on someone or looked at the positive side of the problem.

Last edited:
@Excitel very passive-aggressive for a "professional" company'.
Sorry if it felt that way. I'm just trying to clear the confusion here and trying to be on the same page as that of the tech savvy users that we have here.

Its definitely important for people to know that we're doing everything that we can to improve the quality of our services, and yes, we know there are issues that need to be fixed.

However, I believe that we should have earned enough mutual respect to expect our customers to not question the core motives of a company which goes out of the way to NOT enforce usage limits, FUPs and the other shenanigans used by other companies, amongst the other things that we've achieved. When people are ready to dump everything due to one thing not being fixed, its not very encouraging. :)

Last edited:
Via direct LAN, getting 91mbps Download whereas with the Tenda N301 wireless router which Excitel supplied themselves, only receiving 65mbps :/. Tried all channels, speeds not going above 65-70mbps.

Oh boy people really grill company reps on this site

Anyway hey excitel any word on when you will come to sarojini nagar ?
Your sales team has been saying that they will come very soon for the past 8 months

Back