Excitel Broadband: 50mbps for Rs. 800, 75mbps for Rs. 970 & 100mbps for Rs. 1145

Wireless N should give 100 Mbps but only in ideal conditions and quality equipment, although the theoretical limits go as high as 600 Mbps.

thats what i am saying. even the basic routers mention 300mbps so 100mbps in close proximity should be possible :P

on related note... the lco in my area is still distributing the older flyovers with 20-40mbps plans in them lol.

@Excitel Do to guys have to pay for data or just bandwidth
If you have to pay for data how much does it cost. (Like avg)

Or FUP is just a pure money snatching tactic.

Off the topic, but have few questions.

- Tenda N301 Wireless N300 says they deliver wireless speeds upto 300mbps, so why is it stuck at 65mbps? I understand, it's upto 300mbps, but still shouldn't at least it deliver 100mbps?
- I have airtel Huawei vdsl modem lying waste. Can i somehow use it as a wireless router for only PPPoE?
- Any okay okay wireless router within 2-3k range that will provide 100mbps wireless speeds (given i am 1-2 meters from the router). Range can be similar as what N301 is currently giving me?

Regards,

Tenda, Huawei and TP-Link (especially their cheap ones) are some of the routers you should always stay away with.
You cannot use the Airtel one for it works only with analogue telephone line and not via RJ45.
As for the router suggestion, you can try D-Link ones as they are pretty reliable and have a great range. Opt for DIR-816 excellent dual band AC router out in market that may also help cutting through the WiFi congestion in your area.

@salaxzar

Back