Excitel Broadband appears to have doubled speeds on all plans! (Through December as well!)

• Thread starter Thread starter varungarg455
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 15,085
i have no idea what you are trying to say . anyways can you post a screenshot of you getting 40 mbps on peered torrents on the 799 plan because i just checked im getting 20 mbps on peered torrent . also 20 mbps on youtube.

I got 4.3MBps on peered torrents but I was getting before Nov. also.....

All sites are at 20MBps as you said..... peering effect as such not there @799.... as you said...

i suppose i can now switch to the lowest plan as 20mbps is good enough. i rarely get higher speeds on torrents through a VPN. and youtube and netflix would work just fine at 20mbps.

how are you guys getting 4.3 mb/sec on peered torrents on 799 plan :O either yours is glitched or something or mine is not working correctly. i hope philip sees this and clarifies our doubts

Get a healthy torrent with good number of seeds.... try to get top of the line....

You will get such speed...

i checked with 2-3 well seeded torrents and i was getting 25 mbps ( 2.8mb/sec ) in these torrents :/ if its supposed to be 20+20= 40 mbps in torrents then i think im having some issues . i think ill wait for philip to see and comment on this

Torrents are Peer to Peer technology, so when you are downloading something popular that is locally available in Excitel Network you get 20 Mbps Peering speed, but also you will download from External peers with 20 Mbps more, as you also have 20 Mbps Internet Speed.

This way Speeds are combined and you can get total 40 Mbps speed on single torrent. Sometimes the Bittorrent Client software (utorrent) is smart and if it detects FAST Local Peers (in Peering) then it doesn't utilize the Internet Speed and only downloads from Peering as it might only need 2-3 Local Peers to get the Max speed, whereas from External Peers it might need to connect 20-30 to get max speed.

When could we get Exitel here ? It's available in opposite side of my Colony not this side ?

Back