Experience with SUN Direct HD DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter tomythomas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 47,502
I was planning to buy it... good review... thanks Tomy

i use TV Tuner card in my PC can we able to connect it?.. S-Video ? since i am new i dont know much.... ;)

you can ... but not with S-Video... You cant get HD video with S-Video .. U might wanna get a good display card with HDMI INPUT ... not OUTput ... its very rare to find such a card..U might get video with S-Video but it will be normal DTH quality..Good luckThe lord

you can ... but not with S-Video... You cant get HD video with S-Video .. U might wanna get a good display card with HDMI INPUT ... not OUTput ... its very rare to find such a card..
U might get video with S-Video but it will be normal DTH quality..

Good luck
The lord

thanks lord.. i too got Graphics card GForce 9 series is it possible to input via it?

thanks lord.. i too got Graphics card GForce 9 series is it possible to input via it?

Normal Graphics card will have only HDMI output. If you like to have HD capture functions you need to look at BalckMagic designs or cheaper options like Avermedia ... I have no interest in those so I do n't have any experience to share.

Tomy, I have a question on Tata Sky plus. As I said earliar in this thread, I have tatasky which has System setting --> Picture format. This setting has 16:9 and 4:3. Eventhough I select 16:9 and observe HBO, Star Movies, Sony Max, etc which are assumed to telecast 16:9, I get 4:3 in Sony Bravia TV - Normal Mode. I can be able to Full, Wide Zoom and Zoom. I am curious to know tatasky+ has the same thing or it can broadcast 16:9? By the way, your friend said Sony Max is good! hmm...thinking of sundirect HD...as Sony is the HD broadcaster of FIFA June 2010.

Tomy, I have a question on Tata Sky plus.
As I said earliar in this thread, I have tatasky which has System setting --> Picture format. This setting has 16:9 and 4:3.
Eventhough I select 16:9 and observe HBO, Star Movies, Sony Max, etc which are assumed to telecast 16:9, I get 4:3 in Sony Bravia TV - Normal Mode.
I can be able to Full, Wide Zoom and Zoom.
I am curious to know tatasky+ has the same thing or it can broadcast 16:9?

By the way, your friend said Sony Max is good! hmm...thinking of sundirect HD...as Sony is the HD broadcaster of FIFA June 2010.

I am not aware of any channel in Tata Sky+ telecast in anything other than 4:3. Your Sony TV can be configured for Wide Zoom to fill the screen with acceptable distortion. Initial Few days you will find it odd after that you start accept the stretching of the edges (like the looks of Maruti Swift) . Any other setting distorts more.

Sun HD's True HD channels give 16:9 aspect ratio so that you can set it to Full to get a very natural picture. HD channels which are not upscaled ones (Sun TV HD, may be Colors HD ) appears to be totally unacceptable in Full settings, so need to switch over to wide zoom :( IPL match is teleasted in 16:9 in Sun HD, so no distortion.

Regards,
Tomy

TS+ is just a stb with recording etc.,. Members should understand it is giving channels from the same feed like TS. Even in ordinary stbs there are options for 16:9 and 4:3. So imagining that with TS+ will give 16:9..................

TS+ is just a stb with recording etc.,. Members should understand it is giving channels from the same feed like TS. Even in ordinary stbs there are options for 16:9 and 4:3. So imagining that with TS+ will give 16:9..................

Normally when you talk about the aspect ratio it is of the source material. Tata Sky+ recieves the same material as normal Tata sky. It is 4:3 only. You have the freedom to make to 16:9 using STB settings or TV settings. Tata sky STB has the option to make it 16:9 but it is just by stretching the entire picture to fill the screen which is equivalent to FULL setting of Sony TV. 4:3 picture is really distorted. So it is better to leave the STB settings at 4:3 and use wide zoom of TV where the edges are only stretched leaving the central portion almost untouched. Hope this clarifies. I use Tata Sky+ for SD channels and SUN HD for HD channels. I have more than twenty years of experience with gadgets in various capacities. So I am talking from own experience and the theoretical background.
Regards,
Tomy

Hi Tom,I have a denon AVR 3808, have a bigtv connection which is giving a good output on CVI and ok output onhdmi (upscale to 1080P), i saw a demo of sun hd @ croma the other day.. do you think i might also get the same handshake issue that u r facing? sk

Back