Gaming console for casual gamer?

Anyone suggest a gaming console for a causal gamer? Preferably which can double as entertainment hub.
Also have couple of queries
1) Are there any good games which can be played offline (like single/double player) for a casual gamer? or is everything a multiplayer and requires internet?
2) Any Motion control games available for the current gen consoles , not looking for VR though ? would help stretching the body

Thanks

Go for PlayStation 4. It has good story driven exclusive games and you don't need to be connected to internet to play them. It is also entertainment hub. Has apps like Netflix, Prime Video, etc. Afaik, vr headset is a must for motion controlled games(referring to ps4, not sure about xbox though). If possible, i would suggest you to wait for ps5 which will launch somewhere around oct-dec.

Get xbox one S. ignore the above sheeps who just parrot the same damm lies.
game pass blows ps4, ea access blows ps4 and xbox gold blows ps4.
you want 4k blu payer ==xbox one s ( i bought blade runner original 4K for my xbox one s)
gaming at cheapest electricity bill=50w vs ps4 120w
netflix type of gaming service=xbox one s (get red dead redemption 2 via game pass, why buy the game when you can rent it.) no extra charge.
xbox gold give 4 games vs 2 games of ps4
backwards comp ability and play games like red dead redemption, star wars knights of the old republic, far cry 1,2, splinter cell 1,2,3,4,5 to prince of persia sands of time=xbox one s
game pass and gold at 50rs first month and then 489 per month. sadly gold 1 year of 2799 was removed last month.
ea access lets to play battlefield 3,mass effect 1,2,3, crysys 1,2,3 which ps4 cannot.
stream Hotstar via edge browser, apps like Amazon prime, netflix, wwe network, nasa tv and many more and a torrent service on xbox! (torrex)
dolby atmos =xbox one s
4k youtube,amazon,netflix stream=xbox
hdmi in and out=xbox one. i use by stb to connect to xbox one and via eternet cable i watch my tv on pc.
you can play xbox on your pc with win 10 app. if router is connected to xbox and pc you can stream xbox.

in the end ps4 is for sissys, xbox one is for a MAN

i dont post here but had to give some real advice unlike the NPC user above.

dont get ps5 or xsex, they will take 3-4 years to mature.

Last edited:
As someone who uses both xbox one and ps4, for games ps4 >> xbox. god of war alone is enough to kick asses of the rest of the games listed above. Only practical features are included. as the OP says the usage will be casual so facilitates such as streaming on pc will not be used much although they are also available on playstation. ps4 provides better controllers with chargable batteries while xbox asks you to spend an additional 2k for chargable kits( as far as i know , can be wrong since i haven't bought a controller for a long time). Just remember, playstation exclusives are the best!!!!

Last edited:
Wait until ps5 launches there is no point on buying ps4 now.... if u want a low priced yet powerful gaming console u can wait for xbox series s which is a digital edition console will be released this year somewhere around november.. so if u dont care about having a disc collection u can go for it but u cant play playstation exclusives... its your choice my suggestion is wait for ps5 .. xbox announced some AAA exclusive games but it will take around 3 to 4 years to launch ....

you want 4k blu payer ==xbox one s ( i bought blade runner original 4K for my xbox one s)
netflix type of gaming service=xbox one s (get red dead redemption 2 via game pass, why buy the game when you can rent it.) no extra charge.
backwards comp ability and play games like red dead redemption, star wars knights of the old republic, far cry 1,2, splinter cell 1,2,3,4,5 to prince of persia sands of time=xbox one s
game pass and gold at 50rs first month and then 489 per month. sadly gold 1 year of 2799 was removed last month.
ea access lets to play battlefield 3,mass effect 1,2,3, crysys 1,2,3 which ps4 cannot.
stream Hotstar via edge browser, apps like Amazon prime, netflix, wwe network, nasa tv and many more and a torrent service on xbox! (torrex)
dolby atmos =xbox one s
hdmi in and out=xbox one. i use by stb to connect to xbox one and via eternet cable i watch my tv on pc.
you can play xbox on your pc with win 10 app. if router is connected to xbox and pc you can stream xbox.

I am not even fanboy of playstation and also you are the one who is the sheep lol. I have both xbox one and ps4. Both have it's pros and cons. For me, it's ps4 because of exclusives. It's upto him to decide what he wants to buy.

Thanks for all your replies, as stated my requirement is for casual gaming and I see in most of these comments that the games suggested all points to multiplayer or online games. I would like to use Netflix/Prime Video as it gives me an option to use it as entertainment hub.
Also I am not interested in PS5/Xbox S as it would be priced higher and will not be a value buy for me given my involvement.
Will the prices drop once the next gen consoles come out?

You can play so many games offline without needing internet almost most PLAYSTATION and XBOX exclusives and other third parties games.. You can use these gaming consoles as your entertainment hub and also as a 4K blue ray player... But the thing is there is no point on buying PS4 or xbox one right now because a newer generation of gaming consoles are launching you can choose between xbox and playstation and the price for these newer generation consoles will be less than 500$.. Xbox series s (upcoming latest generation console digital version) console will be priced at 300$ that will be around 21-25k.. so you can choose between xbox or playstation that's your wish .. Most people choose playstation because of the EXCLUSIVE GAMES which u can play offline without internet....I don't think the prices will drop once the next generation consoles comes out .. You can expect lower prices of current generation consoles on some sales...

dolby atmos =xbox one s

Wow, you do need to learn some etiquette!

Back