Getting 2Mbps on 8Mbps Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter artikle
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,007
ISP
BSNL
Hi, Im currenty on BSNL HOME COMBO ULD950 plan in Visakhapatnam with speed of 8Mbps upto 60GB and 2Mbps after that. The problem is, the speeds are mostly stuck at 2Mbps 80-90% of the time and the remaining time i get 8Mbps speed. I called BSNL numerous times and the guy says he has changed my speed to 8Mbps. He says he doesnt know why Im not getting speeds and is getting irritated with my repeated calling. Im using Huawei Quidway WA1003A modem from BSNL and Asus RTN13U VERB1 router. Eve if i connect directly to the modem with LAN cable, the situation is same. Please help me out as Im at a loss as to what to do.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58669821@N05/12878681175/
bsnlstat2 by pixelpardise, on Flickr

see u r very fortunate i have to say u r getting even such speeds on that plan and that to say unlimited...what more u want....here 1mbps not possible on the same plan....with 8gb restriction after that pathetic 512 , what can u say if u r getting these speeds...so enjoy u can download alot with such speed also...

its for AP circle only....what we can except :pray: nothing.here...and the rates are hiked also "woh kahalwat haina EK TO KERALA UPAR SE NEEM CHADA"..wahi ho raha hain hamare saath...

vj_0987 said:
see u r very fortunate i have to say u r getting even such speeds on that plan and that to say unlimited...what more u want....here 1mbps not possible on the same plan....with 8gb restriction after that pathetic 512 , what can u say if u r getting these speeds...so enjoy u can download alot with such speed also...
Yes, I understand that I'm very fortunate to have this plan :) But everyone in my house uses internet and so the speeds are not enough. That's the reason I shifted to this plan from YOU broadband. Anyway, shouldn't I be getting atleast 80% of the advertised speed? Else, what is the point of having this plan? I'm getting speeds of 0.8 Mbps lately. What is the point of the plan if the speeds aren't upto the mark? Anyway, what are my options? It is very frustrating to use 0.8Mbps at 150ms pings. :(My posts might take a while to show up as they need to undergo moderation, hence the delay in my posting.

yeah atleast u should be getting half of it atleast ..get ur line check...and see if its make any difference in speeds

x720 said:
Post line stats.
I'm using WA1003A modem. I can't find line stats anywhere. I have searched almost everywhere - in the status section etc. if anyone knows how to check line stats in my modem, please let me know.

Have you ever got 8 Mbps ? Ask other family members not to use internet and check the speed. Let us know what you get.

meetdilip said:
Have you ever got 8 Mbps ? Ask other family members not to use internet and check the speed. Let us know what you get.
Yes, I do get 8Mbps, but occasionally. At other times I get speeds of 2Mbps to 0.4-0.8Mbps. Line man came and checked today and said everything is OK and that i will be getting speeds properly from now. I got 8 Mbps from afternoon to evening and but night again Im getting 2Mbps. It shifts the speeds at random times. Anyway I could get line stats.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58669821@N05/12932521214/
modemstatus by pixelpardise, on Flickr

Back