Google Android One

Based on the press release from MediaTek today, I do not think Qualcomm or Nvidia are getting the piece of this pie. At least for the time being. The recently announced 210 processor might however break the exclusivity in the future.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 | Smartphones | India Broadband Forum
MediaTek Teams With Google on Android One™ to Create Affordable Smartphones for Emerging Markets

of course. better display and lower price tag. though it comes with ICS right now. kitkat would come. no guarantees of l release. android one should definitely get l. the product page talks about 2 years of software updates. though i would not bet on it.

Most likely it is. I personally found it absolutely wonderful. Played around with it till yesterday, before handing it over to my would-be :p

She's absolutely happy with it too.

of course. better display and lower price tag. though it comes with ICS right now. kitkat would come. no guarantees of l release. android one should definitely get l. the product page talks about 2 years of software updates. though i would not bet on it.

It comes with Android 4.3 Jellybean :D

On that topic, I see a blog saying Google has promised "Lemon Meringue pie" on these. So the L name is confirmed ? This is the first time I am seeing it, if so.

I guess will target Xiaomi this week or next and then look at these as alternative..

Camera is main thing, OS wise probably even gingerbread is fine :)

Back