Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,770
When I said you haven't slept, I meant , your last post was here @ around 2AM and then you replied here ~1 hr back... So I said you haven't slept as 3 hrs sleep is not good mate ;)
Hmm, they order on our behalf ? That is the order name will be mine or theirs or what? Also, we pay using our card as in CC or debit card can also be used? And how much do they take for all of this?

I ordered a Samsung Chromebook through them. I do not think I saved the invoice if they sent me one. I also do not remember what payment options they accept.
As for how much they charge, the process is quite simple. You give them the store link for the product you want to purchase. They would respond with how much they would charge for it (including everything like customs, shipment, taxes). You decide if you want to go ahead. You pay them through their website. They proceed with the order. You get the product shipped to you locally from their Mumbai based warehouse. Delivery takes 2-3 weeks.
https://broadband.forum/topic/63128-ordered-samsung-chromebook-for-dad-through-ishop-international/?p=649081

Well I know it's not announced yet but anyway, I'll be buying one as soon as it comes out.
How to buy it if it doesn't launch in india?
From what I know here are my options ;-
1 - Ask a US friend to buy it for you and then ship it to you. (without him coming to india)
2 - Buy it from services like iShopInternational.
3 - Buy it with using proxy services and get it here - long process.
I have understood the 2nd and 3rd option and it's process but don't know the first process and how it works?
First thing is - how to even send him the cash? I have only debit card here with me with NEFT, will that work? There are services like western union but I don't know how that works. Let me know how to send him cash and don't get charged much, minimum charges please.
Ok, Say I have a friend who is willing to pay for the device at play store, then he uses fedex , etc courier companies to send the phone here. Will I be charged less money by this option ? I also have heard if someone gift wraps the item and sends it to you , no custom charges will be there... is that true?
I haven't really ordered something from outside india, So I don't know.

Our customs are pathetic leeches. That's the only thing I know for sure. Best to ask someone to get it personally.

I would suggest iShop or a similar service provider if no one is coming from abroad. That is what I am going to do most likely. They do the hard work for around thousand rupees.

Don't buy it from americas they use a different network standards and 3g and 4g won't work in indiaU can ask for the phone from someone from uk though

4G won't work anyways as LTE is not yet available in India. And there are no issues with 3G on my Nexus 4 bought from US.

Back