Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,772
chromaniac said:
I would suggest iShop or a similar service provider if no one is coming from abroad. That is what I am going to do most likely. They do the hard work for around thousand rupees.
Yes but what about if I get a friend to buy it for me and send it here? What will be the cost on both the options?
witguru said:
Don't buy it from americas they use a different network standards and 3g and 4g won't work in indiaU can ask for the phone from someone from uk though
4G guess so but you sure for 3G ? I haven't heard that kinda of a thing yet on Imported Nexus 4.

witguru said:
Don't buy it from americas they use a different network standards and 3g and 4g won't work in india
Who said that ? Its a quad band phone ..

Supernatural said:
Yes but what about if I get a friend to buy it for me and send it here? What will be the cost on both the options?
It becomes your responsibility to tackle customs and delivery. From what I see, it is not worth it. Labeling the package as gift would not save any custom duty.

So you are comparing a Galaxy Ace sold in India with Nexus devices sold in USA?I have owned Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus 7. No problems using them on Indian networks. (I have not checked Nexus 7 with a data enabled sim but I know people for whom it works fine).

(I have not checked Nexus 7 with a data enabled sim but I know people for whom it works fine).
It works fine for me till date. 1 GB ram is a problem. Need to upgrade just for that. Amazon.com is selling it for India, Shipping is free, they charge the custom duty upfront though. You get to pay in INR also if you use a MC card. I hope they do the same for the N5

Guess ishopinternational is the best option for me. But I was just checking their FAQ page and the last 3 common question are not answered or have deal links. I wonder why.

I think it was the same when I placed my order. Their website was quite bad back then. I think it is much better today. My experience with them was quite good. The only problem was with Bluedart which kept the package with them for 2-3 days. Did not bother to inform me that they are not going to deliver it to my place because it is out of their service area. This is of course when I get packages from them just fine from local online retailers.

Was googling alot of iShop and found there are other alternatives like : Hopshopgo, shopandship, ibhejo, PPOBOX and some more too. What you think of these? Heard that they take alot of less shipping costs/taxes compared to iShopinternational.
Also read something about if you ship the product to NJ (New Jersey) you don't have to pay for taxes... what that does that mean?

Back