Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,770
The warranty would be 'seller warranty' which is as good as no warranty. I would suggest getting a refund and get a handset with manufacturer warranty.

God dammit. Filed a claim.. hopefully they refund it back soon.
Anyway, thanks buddy. Better late than never. Also: http://www.ebay.in/itm/BRAND-NEW-LG-GOOGLE-NEXUS-5-16-GB-4-95-8-MP-CAM-WIFI-3G-MOBILEPHONE-/271417713573?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3f31c1a3a5&_uhb=1 Has 1 year manufacture warranty. Sounds good?
Preferring ebay as i get like 5k cashback right now if i order from one of their sellers.

Yup, it says '1 year manufacturer warranty' so it's good. The refund process takes at-least 10 - 15 days if you filed an eBay Guarantee Claim.
Btw, the link is for the black variant while your previous link was for the red one.

No problemo unless they are indeed refunding it back. Seller can't just change its description right? I even attached the image of "imported factory phone" part which was missing from yday's listing

Shweta G.
I regret to inform you that once the transaction is successfully completed then neither you can cancel the transaction nor eBay can cancel the transaction.
Manish
I already filed a Claim ID: 435407. When i ordered the phone, there was no mention of "imported phone". Have attached the photos as proof while filing the claim
Shweta G.
Once you raise claim then one of our claim adjustor will be appointed then we will do needful investigation on it and appropriate action will be taken.
Shweta G.
It take's Certain time by our relevant team to investigate and get back to you with the status of the claim.
Shweta G.
Once the claim is submitted you will receive an update from our claims department within next 7days after filing a claim. You will get the resolution within 20 days time frame but we will make sure to provide you the resolution soonest.
Shweta G.
Seller has the authority to modify his listing at any point of time when his listing is active.

omg what bunch of nincompoops :/
Guys, what do i do?
Worst case scenario: Nothing happens, ebay doesn't refund.. I get the red n5.. I get no domestic warranty. What else am i looking at here?

You will get a call from eBay Guarantee department, explain him in detail. Alternatively you can try contacting the seller and have a word with him. If he's an understanding guy, he will not ship the product and you will get the refund. If they don't give refund, you get the red N5 without warranty, no other issues I guess.

androidfreak said:
You will get a call from eBay Guarantee department, explain him in detail. Alternatively you can try contacting the seller and have a word with him. If he's an understanding guy, he will not ship the product and you will get the refund. If they don't give refund, you get the red N5 without warranty, no other issues I guess.
Haven't received the call yet. Tried messaging seller before ordering as well, but no response.
@bold what about 3g/4g facilities? will it work with Indian networks?

I'm not sure about 4G, but 3G should work fine. I am using a N4 imported from US and I have no issues wrt the connectivity.

Alright then cool. The person who i'm gifting this usually uses the phone for calls/whatsapp/browsing.. Unless ofcourse it falls and breaks.. but i think chromaniac gave me a link to gadgetshieldz protector, that should keep things covered for a while.. But all this is just worst case scenarios. Would still like to get a refund and order manufacture warranty ones

Back