Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,783
So, is it an official statement? I do not think so. :
Anyways. @evleaks posted press shot of Nexus 5 today.

He only does it when the launch is near.

I have a feeling that tomorrow is the day

so.. what if when I see play store has started taking orders, and I make the order at ishopinternational... ? Will they be fast in ordering that for me? like in 5 mins or so? I want it before the device goes out of stock (if that happens like same happened with n4). ?

Don't think so. And the leak from evleaks doesn't matter. Actually paul O' brien was the one who came up with that date. Anyways, I still think both 31st and 1st won't be it, as google won't just launch a hardware and a new named android version without any event. and if we check google's history with events, the mostly give the invites before a week or couple. For example for GNex it was 2 weeks before and for Nexus 7 2013 it was one week before the event.

https://broadband.forum/vic-gundotra-teases-upcoming-nexus-event-47489/
evleaks posted the motorola moto x images few hours before the actual launch. he has the most amazing track record for leaking press images few hours before the event.
as for google's history with events... they have calmed down in the recent times. nexus 7 2013 and chromecast, android 4.3 were launched at a very small event. and nexus 5 is likely to get a similar small event as well. google i/o is what they do full fledged. i do not see nexus 5 getting an Apple style event. also remember how was nexus 4 and nexus 10 launched? through a blog post right?

Back