Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,783
Yup. But it's not like they could not have arranged a new event in a short period of time. Sundar Pichai seems to prefer morning tea invites rather than bigger events.
It looks very likely that the announcement would be made today. I can see no reason why Vic would post that teaser involving Sundar. It's not like they are a couple or something :)

The process is not that simple. Based on my order...
The listing has to exist for them to send you a quote. So basically, it's not like you can send them an advance and ask them to wait for the product to go live and order instantly.
You send them a listing. They send you back a quote. You pay them. And then they order. It usually goes like this.
You can however try contacting them and ask if they have any program for ordering items that are scheduled to launch in future. I am assuming that some of these services might have some system in place for Black Friday shopping or special events.

hmmm
chromaniac said:
You send them a listing. They send you back a quote. You pay them. And then they order. It usually goes like this.
You mean the calculator thingy? I used it, gives me around 27k quote. or we have to contact them?

chromaniac said:
https://broadband.forum/vic-gundotra-teases-upcoming-nexus-event-47489/
evleaks posted the motorola moto x images few hours before the actual launch. he has the most amazing track record for leaking press images few hours before the event.
as for google's history with events... they have calmed down in the recent times. nexus 7 2013 and chromecast, android 4.3 were launched at a very small event. and nexus 5 is likely to get a similar small event as well. google i/o is what they do full fledged. i do not see nexus 5 getting an Apple style event. also remember how was nexus 4 and nexus 10 launched? through a blog post right?
Yes, I know evleaks is a reliable leaker, but then again paul O' brien was the one who firstly tweeted.
Nexus 7 , 4.3 and chromecast were launched at a small event yes, but then again I'm not talking about that, I am saying that they did sent the invites to that a week back. I'm not expecting big event form google for Nexus5/10 & 4.4 nor like apple's iPhone event but I'm sure they would do an event. Nexus 4/10 were having an event but then pulled back coz of Sandy incident.
harry10 said:
The main point is its launch in India. I hope it does by end of year atleast
This :D If they are planning to launch it by the year end, I can wait for that much time coz of warranty and I'll have the reviews from many sources till then :D

So just curious... Did he come up with the single date? Because almost all tech blogs have 'leaked' like 10 different dates this month.

I am not sure if the calculator thing would give you the exact quote that they would accept for that product. When I ordered, I did not use their online calculator. I mailed them my requirement and they gave me a clear cut quote with proper splitup details.

Back