Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,793
I'm sure stock or any custom ROM would fly on the N5.
IndianMascot said:
Android 4.4 is also not so amazing. its more or less same like 4.3 with few enhanced feature.
What makes you say that? 4.4 has host of under the hood features. If you think your phone should start cooking for you after a major OS upgrade then may be 4.4 ain't a big upgrade :tongue:
PS: One thing I really like is that google is trying a new runtime environment. Read at lot of places that the dalvik (Java) RE is inefficient for native apps. May be in a year or so Android will actually become lag free (whatever of it is left).

goodburner said:
Lol you can do all of that in xperia z as wellNexus 5 is surely the better phone here, but I doubt average users would find any difference between the two, performance wise, at least
You wont find more "OPEN-SOURCE" support for Xperia than Nexus itself!! :)
All you can find is a port for Xperia may be!! But for Nexus 5 i can guarantee that even Canonical Team(Ubuntu) would have started working!!

And dont forget important thing in any smartphone is display and xperia z clearly lacks in that when compred to any other 1080p devices. xperia z screen has poor viewing angles, low contrast.
Its better to get LG g2 for around 2-3k more and its better than xperia z in all respects. xperia z should ideally be priced around 25k as it offers nothing more than nexus 4 except bigger and (bad) 1080p display and memory card slot.

xerxes said:
I'm sure stock or any custom ROM would fly on the N5.

What makes you say that? 4.4 has host of under the hood features. If you think your phone should start cooking for you after a major OS upgrade then may be 4.4 ain't a big upgrade :tongue:
PS: One thing I really like is that google is trying a new runtime environment. Read at lot of places that the dalvik (Java) RE is inefficient for native apps. May be in a year or so Android will actually become lag free (whatever of it is left).
And yeas..ive heard they came up with some sort of resource management for Dalvik
Dont know more about it though!!
techie said:
And dont forget important thing in any smartphone is display and xperia z clearly lacks in that when compred to any other 1080p devices. xperia z screen has poor viewing angles, low contrast.
Its better to get LG g2 for around 3-4 more and its better than xperia z in all respects. xperia z should ideally be priced around 25k as it offers nothing more than nexus 4 except bigger and (bad) 1080p display and memory card slot.
Agreed..Bravia Engine awesome...still Nexus 5 rules...I can get a 1000:1 odds for the claim!! :)
There are people like me who like to explore a device more than using!!
i have a Motorola Atrix HD..All i did is unlock bootloader...install new bootloaders...rearranging kernel..Toying!!
Never made more than 100 calls..and its been a year im using this ddevice!! :)

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/google-nexus-5-16gb-available-online-for-rs-31807/432333-11.html
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:medium;]While the Nexus 5 smartphone is still listed as "Coming soon" on the Google India Play Store, the phone (16GB) is available online on an e-commerce site at an inflated price. The online store is selling the 16 GB Nexus 5 at Rs 31,807, while it is officially priced at Rs 28,999[/color]
Now which portal is selling it at that price? too lazy to find out myself :p

That was not a bad offer considering it being sold at a much more expensive rate at ebay
also ibhejo had a 10 % discount offer, so the final price was 28,626.

Only thing is that it will not have indian warranty as the device will be imported from U.S.

Back