Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,803
22k vs 30k. No warranty vs warranty. Your call.

If you can be repaired in India if something goes wrong in worst case, then buying from US is worth taking a risk. For me at least.

My entire family (except my mom) is in US right now for my cousin's wedding. Now I'm confused. Shall I ask my dad to get this for me or is an Indian purchase a better deal?
You do know that it's back-ordered right? Estimated shipping time as of now is 3 to 4 weeks for the 32GB version. 16GB version is out of stock, from what I read.

You do know that it's back-ordered right? Estimated shipping time as of now is 3 to 4 weeks for the 32GB version. 16GB version is out of stock, from what I read.
I'm not interested in the 16GB model. 3-4 weeks shall be fine I guess. My dad will be back in 2 weeks but I guess my Bua will celebrate the New Year there. If you can be repaired in India if something goes wrong in worst case, then buying from US is worth taking a risk. For me at least.
That's what I'm thinking right now. My Galaxy Nexus never gave any trouble. And purchasing the Galaxy Nexus was a bigger risk as the spare parts aren't available in India easily. At least that won't be the case with Nexus 5.

A lot of phones are available under contract in the US for cheap. I've seen people getting S3, S4s here for $49/99 and getting them unlocked.
I would like to know who pays for the 'contract' then? And in whose name is the contract taken?

For contract phones, if its prepaid, we can pay remaining amount and get phone officially unlocked from Carrier. For postpaid I am not sure. Many people simply get it unlocked from outside and leave country, Carrier may end up in loss.

SVK said:
For contract phones, if its prepaid, we can pay remaining amount and get phone officially unlocked from Carrier. For postpaid I am not sure. Many people simply get it unlocked from outside and leave country, Carrier may end up in loss.
So if I go to the US, I can get a prepaid contract, get a N5 for 100 bucks and run back to India? Is it so easy?
(Unlocking a phone.. even I can do.)

Back