Hathway Broadband launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network

• Thread starter Thread starter gopichandpai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 312
  • Views Views 104,246
Good that the problem is solved for you @shethsa.........as for me I have to disconnect it as according to them I can disconnect as there's no resolution in sight......waited for 3 weeks just to hear the words...."sir, If you want you can disconnect the connection as there's no timeline till when the problem will be solved..."....BASTARDS :pissed-off: could have told 2 weeks back also and on top of that they are telling me I won't get any refund :nono: as my account is prepaid.....I have fight for the refund.... :Kill:

Sorry to hear that. What was the problem?

@shethsa.........Well it's a long story from 9th Feb till 18th March, just to summarize it.Somebody broke the amplifier device,when they replaced it somebody robbed it and when the hathway again installed the device and it started working fine but after 10 days some guyz again took the amplifier device with them and since then they are telling me local cable operator isn't giving the permission to install the device. My connection worked for just 10 - 15 days in 1.5 months..........Now I have taken the connection from my local cable operator and the speed is quite good while using torrent I get around minimum 2MBPS to 9MBPS :pleasantry: which is quite better than hathway when I was using.
just on side note @shethsa......I stay near Mahalaxmi station... :playful:

To summarise the situation, I think that the quality of your net connection (and this isn't unique to Hathway - it's every ISP) is hugely dependent on where you stay. Your location determines the following:
1. Your cable operator - he usually is the big bully and can stop entry of competitors in an area. If he is offering Hathway then he can cut them off at the drop of a hat. The only people immune from the cable operator muscle are MTNL (Even Tata and Airtel can't stand up to the cable operator). With MTNL, you can't be sure if they care.
2. Your distance from the exchange - the MTNL people will identify with this. The DSL and VDSL experience is significantly differently depending upon how far you are from the exchange. Also MTNL Fiber-to-the-home is a bit like the Yeti. Everyone's heard of it but noone has quite seen one yet.
3. Your ability to get minimum subscribers - If you are looking at getting a new connection into the building, you need to have people who are similar minded. You will find this blog site full of people who have expressed frustration at ISPs refusing connections because there aren't enough people to service.
4. If the pricing works out - This one is slight difficult to understand as most people here wouldn't have faced this problem. Apparently ISPs refuse to give service in some areas on the pretext that they don't think the people from that place will pay as much for the service. A simple answer would be to make a connection request confirming your ability to pay. But that is when point 3 comes into the picture. It's a vicious circle - you can't get a connection because there are not enough subscribers and you don't have enough subscribers because there is no connection.
Therefore, getting an internet connection is like running a hotel. You need only three things - Location, Location and Location.

Or settle for crappy On-the-move solutions. But that's really just "Internet Access", not so much a connection.

And again docsys 3 is down. 2nd time in 5 days. Wondering if this is any better than mtnl in terms of connection stability

shethsa said:
And again docsys 3 is down. 2nd time in 5 days. Wondering if this is any better than mtnl in terms of connection stability
My connection went down this afternoon at 3. I called their helpline, lodged a complaint and the connection was back by 5, even got a call asking whether the connection was restored. The only odd thing is now the link light seems to blink constantly even if there is no send/receive request from my computer. A quick search reveals high levels of SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) is the cause. Hope it gets sorted out at their end, all this blinking is damn irritating! :livid:

Just bought the new TP-Link 300 mbps router and the experience has been much better for me. I just noticed this, but I think Hathway started throttling HTTP/rar downloads. I get better speeds with my US VPN downloading a file from Germany than I do directly.... 2 MB/s vs 0.5 MB/s
Can anyone reproduce this?

Back